Morgan & Adorjan lead Liverpool U21s at Fulham; Saints draw with Man United; Niall Keown rescues Reading v Arsenal
- December 3, 2012
Fulham 1 – Liverpool 2 (Barclays U21 Premier League, December 3, 2012) Adam Morgan got Liverpool off the mark with a brilliant solo goal and Krisztian Adorjan got the Reds over the finishing line with a rebound in the second half.
Southampton 1 – Manchester United 1 (Barclays U21 Premier League, December 3, 2012) United’s Under-21s drew 1-1 with Southampton in an action-packed affair at St Mary’s with Sam Johnstone saving Tadanari Lee’s late penalty. In front of almost 1,800 fans on the South Coast, the Reds were the better side in the first half but went behind to a Lee spot-kick. Federico Macheda levelled matters on 81 minutes but all looked lost when Jesse Lingard was sent off for handling on the line soon afterwards. It was left to Johnstone, something of an expert at saving penalties, to emerge as the hero with a superb save.
Reading 2 – Arsenal 2 (Barclays U21 Premier League, December 3, 2012) Goals from Nigel Neita and Thomas Eisfeld had seemingly put Terry Burton’s side on course for a hard-fought victory at the Madejski Stadium. Tariqe Fosu’s goal for the hosts had come before Eisfeld’s effort and the equaliser was scored with just seconds left of the game. Niall Keown forced the ball over the line from close range to snatch a point for Reading.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...