FA Cup: Stoke beat Palace 4-1 after extra time; Leeds win at Birmingham; Wigan eat up Cherries; QPR win at West Brom
- January 15, 2013
Stoke 4 – Crystal Palace 1 AET (FA Cup, January 15, 2013) Thomas Sorensen dived to his left to save a penalty from Jermaine Easter early doors. (Fan Footage). Kenwyne Jones broke the deadlock on 69. Only for Glenn Murray to equalise for Palace from another penalty on 87. In extra-time Stoke ran away with the match thanks to a brace from Jon Walters (after his mare against Chelsea) and a late goal from Geoff Cameron.
Birmingham 1 – Leeds 2 (FA Cup, January 15, 2013) The Blues went ahead when Nathan Redmond crossed for Wade Elliott to convert. Luke Varney headed wide soon after but Leeds equalised when Diouf set up Ross McCormack following Sam Byram’s cross. El Hadji Diouf then stepped up to chip in from the spot on 76 minutes.
Bournemouth 0 – Wigan 1 (FA Cup, January 15, 2013) A belter from Mauro Boselli helped Wigan Athletic edge past the Cherries and set up an FA Cup fourth-round meeting with Macclesfield.
West Brom 0 – QPR 1 (FA Cup, January 15, 2013) Jay Bothroyd scored a goal on his QPR return to KO the Baggies.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi