Arsenal undone by old boy RVP and tormentor-in-chief Evra as United make hard work of 2-1 win
- November 3, 2012
Manchester United 2 – Arsenal 1 (Premier League, November 3, 2012) (MOTD highlights.) It took just 3 minutes for Robin Van Persie to strike against his old team. RVP nearly made it 2 when fed through by Rooney, but his shot was saved by Mannone (a bit spectacularly). Mannone was called into action again, this time by Rooney, and he got a strong hand to it to palm a strong shot away. United were awarded a penlty for hand ball, which Wayne Rooney dragged wide of the post. On the way to the tunnel at half-time, Robin Van Persie consoled Andre Santos by gifting him his jersey. Antonio Valencia got his feet tied up and somehow missed with the goal at his mercy. Robin Van Persie was booked for upending Bacary Sagna with a striker’s tackle. Olivier Giroud rattled the post from a tight angle with the game still at 1-0. Patrice Evra forced the ball over the line to make it 2-0 United. Jack Wilshere was sent off for a second booking, coming in late on Patrice Evra. Santi Cazorla curled in a peach of a strike deep into injury time, but it was to prove mere consolation.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi