Arsenal undone by old boy RVP and tormentor-in-chief Evra as United make hard work of 2-1 win
- November 3, 2012
Manchester United 2 – Arsenal 1 (Premier League, November 3, 2012) (MOTD highlights.) It took just 3 minutes for Robin Van Persie to strike against his old team. RVP nearly made it 2 when fed through by Rooney, but his shot was saved by Mannone (a bit spectacularly). Mannone was called into action again, this time by Rooney, and he got a strong hand to it to palm a strong shot away. United were awarded a penlty for hand ball, which Wayne Rooney dragged wide of the post. On the way to the tunnel at half-time, Robin Van Persie consoled Andre Santos by gifting him his jersey. Antonio Valencia got his feet tied up and somehow missed with the goal at his mercy. Robin Van Persie was booked for upending Bacary Sagna with a striker’s tackle. Olivier Giroud rattled the post from a tight angle with the game still at 1-0. Patrice Evra forced the ball over the line to make it 2-0 United. Jack Wilshere was sent off for a second booking, coming in late on Patrice Evra. Santi Cazorla curled in a peach of a strike deep into injury time, but it was to prove mere consolation.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...