Adebayor goes from hero to zero as Spurs collapse 5-2 at Arsenal
- November 17, 2012
Arsenal 5 – Tottenham 2 (Premier League, November 17, 2012) (Extended Highlights & MOTD highlights.) Spurs had the ball in the Arsenal net early on, old boy William Gallas lashing into the roof of the net, but he was correctly flagged offside. Spurs did score soon after, easily breaking the Arsenal offside trap, for Emmanuel Adebayor to eventually score from the rebound after a good save by Szczesny. From hero to zero, Emmanuel Adebayor was then incredibly sent off for a high sliding tackle. Hugo Lloris pulled off a good if a bit spectacular save from an Olivier Giroud header. From zero to hero, Per Mertesacker atoned for his offside trap fail with a looping header to make it 1-1. Santi Cazorla shot just over from long range. Lukas Podolski gave the Gunners the lead going into the half-time break. Olivier Giroud made it 3-1 right on half-time. Santi Cazorla finished off a great move between Arsenal’s front 3 to make it 4-1. Gareth Bale pulled it back to 4-2 on 71′. Theo Walcott put the gloss back on the scoreline in injury time to make it 5-2.
Post match interview: Arsene Wenger.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi