Adebayor goes from hero to zero as Spurs collapse 5-2 at Arsenal
- November 17, 2012
Arsenal 5 – Tottenham 2 (Premier League, November 17, 2012) (Extended Highlights & MOTD highlights.) Spurs had the ball in the Arsenal net early on, old boy William Gallas lashing into the roof of the net, but he was correctly flagged offside. Spurs did score soon after, easily breaking the Arsenal offside trap, for Emmanuel Adebayor to eventually score from the rebound after a good save by Szczesny. From hero to zero, Emmanuel Adebayor was then incredibly sent off for a high sliding tackle. Hugo Lloris pulled off a good if a bit spectacular save from an Olivier Giroud header. From zero to hero, Per Mertesacker atoned for his offside trap fail with a looping header to make it 1-1. Santi Cazorla shot just over from long range. Lukas Podolski gave the Gunners the lead going into the half-time break. Olivier Giroud made it 3-1 right on half-time. Santi Cazorla finished off a great move between Arsenal’s front 3 to make it 4-1. Gareth Bale pulled it back to 4-2 on 71′. Theo Walcott put the gloss back on the scoreline in injury time to make it 5-2.
Post match interview: Arsene Wenger.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...