- Amazing! Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli portrait painted with a football [Video]
- Golazo! Oxford United’s James Roberts (18) scores brilliant late winner v Plymouth [GIF]
- Busted! Blackpool’s Jacob Murphy sent this snapchat before their match v Rotherham [Picture]
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic killed a 500 pound moose with his first shot hunting in Sweden [Expressen]
- The best goals of 2014: Valencia CF [Official video]
Arsenal fully up and running with 6-1 destruction of Southampton
Arsenal 6 – Southampton 1 (English Premier League, September 15th, 2012) (MOTD highlights & Alternative MOTD highlights. Southampton had a terrible start at the Emirates as a move involving Podolski and Gibbs ended with Jos Hooiveld dragging the ball over the line. Arsenal doubled their lead with a fine free-kick from Lukas Podolski on the half hour, and the Saints began to implode. Gervinho scored his first goal of 2012 in the 35th minute, while Nathaniel Clyne scored Southampton’s second og of the half in the 38th to seemingly kill the contest. Gunners’ keeper Szczesny handed the visitors a lifeline when the Pole flapped at a cross and Danny Fox was able to punish the error. Gervinho got the 5th for Arsenal and his second of the day. Theo Walcott made it 6-1.
- Updated: September 15, 2012