Arsenal fully up and running with 6-1 destruction of Southampton
- September 15, 2012
Arsenal 6 – Southampton 1 (English Premier League, September 15th, 2012) (MOTD highlights & Alternative MOTD highlights. Southampton had a terrible start at the Emirates as a move involving Podolski and Gibbs ended with Jos Hooiveld dragging the ball over the line. Arsenal doubled their lead with a fine free-kick from Lukas Podolski on the half hour, and the Saints began to implode. Gervinho scored his first goal of 2012 in the 35th minute, while Nathaniel Clyne scored Southampton’s second og of the half in the 38th to seemingly kill the contest. Gunners’ keeper Szczesny handed the visitors a lifeline when the Pole flapped at a cross and Danny Fox was able to punish the error. Gervinho got the 5th for Arsenal and his second of the day. Theo Walcott made it 6-1.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi