- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Goals from Giroud, Walcott & Cazorla see Arsenal win 3-1 at West Ham
West Ham 1 – Arsenal 3 (Premier League, October 6, 2012) (Longer highlights, MOTD highlights) The Irons took the lead in the 13th minute when Mohamed Diame cut in from the left, beat a defender in the process, and finished with a quality strike that bent into the far corner of the goal from 12 yards. The Gunners levelled in the 41st minute when Olivier Giroud netted his first EPL goal with a tidy near post finish from Podolski’s left-wing cross. Fifteen minutes from time Giroud freed Theo Walcott through the centre and the forward coolly tucked the ball in the net. Arsenal moved into an unassailable 3-1 lead in the 82nd minute when Santi Cazorla laced a beauty into the top corner following Walcott’s forward run.
Individual highlights: Olivier Giroud.
- Updated: October 6, 2012