- Barça closely scouting ‘Gabigol’ & Malcolm Silva, Brazilian starlets dubbed ‘The New Neymars’ [Sport]
- Newcastle’s Soccer Am Crossbar Challenge, coach Andy Woodman trolls everyone with banter [Video]
- Daniel Sturridge quizzed by Liverpool fans in India, says he grew up supporting Arsenal [Video]
- Arsene Wenger: Koscielny out of Liverpool-Arsenal, Ramsey set to miss Xmas period
- Mega Odds! Back West Ham to beat Leicester in the Premier League at 5/1!!!!
Woeful Arsenal beaten on penalties by giant killers Bradford
Bradford 1 – Arsenal 1 (Pens. 3-2) (Capital One Cup, quarter-final, December 11, 2012) A set-piece on 16 minutes was yet again the undoing of Arsenal as Garry Thompson converted at the back post. A poor half from the Gunners was summed up by Gervinho’s ridiculous miss late on. With 3 minutes left Thomas Vermaelen headed in a Santi Cazorla cross to dash hopes of an upset.
Penalties: Bradford 3 – Arsenal 2 – Doyle and Jones converted their first two for Bradford. Cazorla and Chamakh missed theirs. A Darby miss and Wilshere converting made it interesting even after Connell and The Ox also scored. Ritchie Jones then failed to score but Thomas Vermaelen also missed to send the Gunners out.
- Updated: December 11, 2012