Woeful Arsenal beaten on penalties by giant killers Bradford
- December 11, 2012
Bradford 1 – Arsenal 1 (Pens. 3-2) (Capital One Cup, quarter-final, December 11, 2012) A set-piece on 16 minutes was yet again the undoing of Arsenal as Garry Thompson converted at the back post. A poor half from the Gunners was summed up by Gervinho’s ridiculous miss late on. With 3 minutes left Thomas Vermaelen headed in a Santi Cazorla cross to dash hopes of an upset.
Penalties: Bradford 3 – Arsenal 2 – Doyle and Jones converted their first two for Bradford. Cazorla and Chamakh missed theirs. A Darby miss and Wilshere converting made it interesting even after Connell and The Ox also scored. Ritchie Jones then failed to score but Thomas Vermaelen also missed to send the Gunners out.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi