Woeful Arsenal beaten on penalties by giant killers Bradford
- December 11, 2012
Bradford 1 – Arsenal 1 (Pens. 3-2) (Capital One Cup, quarter-final, December 11, 2012) A set-piece on 16 minutes was yet again the undoing of Arsenal as Garry Thompson converted at the back post. A poor half from the Gunners was summed up by Gervinho’s ridiculous miss late on. With 3 minutes left Thomas Vermaelen headed in a Santi Cazorla cross to dash hopes of an upset.
Penalties: Bradford 3 – Arsenal 2 – Doyle and Jones converted their first two for Bradford. Cazorla and Chamakh missed theirs. A Darby miss and Wilshere converting made it interesting even after Connell and The Ox also scored. Ritchie Jones then failed to score but Thomas Vermaelen also missed to send the Gunners out.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...