Woeful Arsenal beaten on penalties by giant killers Bradford
- December 11, 2012
Bradford 1 – Arsenal 1 (Pens. 3-2) (Capital One Cup, quarter-final, December 11, 2012) A set-piece on 16 minutes was yet again the undoing of Arsenal as Garry Thompson converted at the back post. A poor half from the Gunners was summed up by Gervinho’s ridiculous miss late on. With 3 minutes left Thomas Vermaelen headed in a Santi Cazorla cross to dash hopes of an upset.
Penalties: Bradford 3 – Arsenal 2 – Doyle and Jones converted their first two for Bradford. Cazorla and Chamakh missed theirs. A Darby miss and Wilshere converting made it interesting even after Connell and The Ox also scored. Ritchie Jones then failed to score but Thomas Vermaelen also missed to send the Gunners out.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...