- Trollstation, the idiot pitch invaders at Spurs v Partizan, admit they are Arsenal supporters
- Angel Di Maria compares Man United’s Wayne Rooney to Lionel Messi [Daily Mail]
- Respect! Bayern’s Mario Gotze is selling his World Cup winning boot for charity [Bild]
- Man United want Real Madrid’s Carlo Ancelotti to replace Van Gaal, may offer €16m a year [Tuttosport]
- Robin van Persie isn’t good enough for Man United [Star & Sun]
Woeful Arsenal beaten on penalties by giant killers Bradford
Bradford 1 – Arsenal 1 (Pens. 3-2) (Capital One Cup, quarter-final, December 11, 2012) A set-piece on 16 minutes was yet again the undoing of Arsenal as Garry Thompson converted at the back post. A poor half from the Gunners was summed up by Gervinho’s ridiculous miss late on. With 3 minutes left Thomas Vermaelen headed in a Santi Cazorla cross to dash hopes of an upset.
Penalties: Bradford 3 – Arsenal 2 – Doyle and Jones converted their first two for Bradford. Cazorla and Chamakh missed theirs. A Darby miss and Wilshere converting made it interesting even after Connell and The Ox also scored. Ritchie Jones then failed to score but Thomas Vermaelen also missed to send the Gunners out.
- Updated: December 11, 2012