Leeds ease past Ipswich; Boro go 3rd sinking Wolves; Owls beat Barnsley; Blackpool sink Blackburn
- December 15, 2012
Leeds 2 – Ipswich 0 (Championship, December 15, 2012) Paul Green drilled a shot into the roof of the net on 69 minutes to ease United’s nerves and kill Ipswich off against the run of play. Town toiled in the first half and fell behind to Jerome Thomas’ 19th-minute tap-in but they were starting to gather momentum when United struck again on the break.
Middlesbrough 2 – Wolves 0 (Championship, December 15, 2012) Stale Solbakken’s side had not won on Teesside since 1951 although they seemed on course for a point until Marvin Emnes’ penalty and Scott McDonald’s strike sealed three points for Boro.
Barnsley 0 – Sheffield Wednesday 1 (Championship, December 15, 2012) Chris O’Grady smashed the ball into the net from close range 10 minutes before the break after the hosts failed to deal with a high ball into the box.
Blackpool 2 – Blackburn 0 (Championship, December 15, 2012) Wes Thomas, who joined from Bournemouth, headed the Seasiders ahead from Nathan Delfouneso’s cross before Kirk Broadfoot sealed the points. Broadfoot latched on to a right-foot delivery by Tiago Gomes to continue Blackburn’s poor run.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi