- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Leeds ease past Ipswich; Boro go 3rd sinking Wolves; Owls beat Barnsley; Blackpool sink Blackburn
Leeds 2 – Ipswich 0 (Championship, December 15, 2012) Paul Green drilled a shot into the roof of the net on 69 minutes to ease United’s nerves and kill Ipswich off against the run of play. Town toiled in the first half and fell behind to Jerome Thomas’ 19th-minute tap-in but they were starting to gather momentum when United struck again on the break.
Middlesbrough 2 – Wolves 0 (Championship, December 15, 2012) Stale Solbakken’s side had not won on Teesside since 1951 although they seemed on course for a point until Marvin Emnes’ penalty and Scott McDonald’s strike sealed three points for Boro.
Barnsley 0 – Sheffield Wednesday 1 (Championship, December 15, 2012) Chris O’Grady smashed the ball into the net from close range 10 minutes before the break after the hosts failed to deal with a high ball into the box.
Blackpool 2 – Blackburn 0 (Championship, December 15, 2012) Wes Thomas, who joined from Bournemouth, headed the Seasiders ahead from Nathan Delfouneso’s cross before Kirk Broadfoot sealed the points. Broadfoot latched on to a right-foot delivery by Tiago Gomes to continue Blackburn’s poor run.
- Updated: December 15, 2012