- The funniest Soccer Saturday moments so far this season [Video]
- Fernando speaks about getting his first Manchester City goal in the win over West Brom [Video]
- Mini-Man United fan post-Newcastle: ‘Wayne Rooney’s stepped it up since becoming captain’ [Video]
- Emile Heskey scores on return to English football for Bolton, from Eidur Gudjohnsen assist! [Vine]
- Manchester United fan calls for Van Gaal to sign up Radamel Falcao after Newcastle win [Video]
Capital One Cup: Wigan, Saints, Sunderland & Swansea all progress
West Ham 1 – Wigan 4 (Capital One Cup, September 25th, 2012) There was little sign of what was to come when Modibo Maiga gave the Hammers an early lead. Two goals by Mauro Boselli, an Ivan Ramis strike and a Jordi Gomez penalty eased Roberto Martinez’s side through.
Southampton 2 – Sheffield Wednesday 0 (Capital One Cup, September 25th, 2012) Jay Rodriguez scored in the 30th minute and with a penalty 12 minutes from time as Southampton beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 at St Mary’s.
MK Dons 0 – Sunderland 2 (Capital One Cup, September 25th, 2012) A fantastic Craig Gardner free-kick and a well-taken solo effort from James McClean saw the Black Cats through.
Crawley Town 2 – Swansea 3 (Capital One Cup, September 25th, 2012) The Swans went ahead through a fierce Miguel Michu shot after 27 minutes before the hosts levelled through Josh Simpson just before half-time. The League One team then took the lead thanks to Hope Akpan 17 minutes into the second half, only for the Swans to equalise 12 minutes later through Danny Graham’s close-range header. With extra time looming, Crawley were just found wanting as Garry Monk headed home Wayne Routledge’s corner.
Bradford 3 – Burton 2 (Capital One Cup, September 25th, 2012) Billy Kee (18) and Aaron Webster (29) gave the visitors a two-goal lead but two goals by Nahki Wells in the final seven minutes sent the game into extra time. A Stephen Darby screamer with just seconds left before penalties then sent Bradford through.
- Updated: September 25, 2012