Huddersfield hold Palace; Cardiff go 3 points clear after Foxes win; Becchio brace lifts Leeds; Posh 5 – Bolton 4
- December 22, 2012
Crystal Palace 1 – Huddersfield 1 (Championship, December 22, 2012) Wilfried Zaha’s ferocious strike gave the hosts the lead despite them losing Damien Delaney to an early red for an ugly challenge on Jermaine Beckford. Adam Clayton had had a weak penalty was smothered by Palace’s Julian Speroni, but the visitors’ pressure told when Keith Southern’s shot squirmed in. Anthony Gerrard was sent off late on as the match finished ten-a-side.
Leicester 0 – Cardiff 1 (Championship, December 22, 2012) Cardiff restored a three-point lead at the top of the Championship thanks to Craig Bellamy’s goal.
Leeds 2 – Middlesbrough 1 (Championship, December 22, 2012) The visitors took the lead through Lukas Jutkiewicz, whose shot was saved before he scored with a follow-up via a deflection. Luciano Becchio equalised with a half-volley on the stroke of half-time after Boro failed to clear their lines. Becchio headed in a corner to secure victory and take his tally for the season to 17.
Peterborough 5 – Bolton 4 (Championship, December 22, 2012) Lee Tomlin and Dwight Gayle had Posh two goals ahead after five minutes, and after Keith Andrews pulled one back from the spot, George Thorne made it 3-1 two minutes after the break. Andrews added another penalty but Mark Little and Gabriel Zakuani gave the hosts a three-goal lead. But Benik Afobe and Martin Petrov both scored to set up a tense finish.
Watford 2 – Nottingham Forest 0 (Championship, December 22, 2012) Watford moved into the Championship play-off places thanks to Matej Vydra’s double against Nottingham Forest at Vicarage Road.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...