Big spending Zenit remain pointless after a dramatic 3-2 home defeat to AC Milan
- October 3, 2012
Zenit St. Petersburg 2 – AC Milan 3 (Champions League, October 3, 2012) (Alternative highlights, Longer highlights.) Milan took a 13th minute lead in Russia when Urby Emanuelson’s free-kick took a big deflection en route to the back of the net. Milan’s super start continued in the 16th minute when Stephan El Shaarawy notched another sublime strike to add to his swelling collection. Milan had keeper Christian Abbiati to thank for preserving a clean sheet after the goalie made a super save to deny a fiere free-kick from Hulk, but on the stroke of halftime Zenit did find the net when Hulk drilled home a low shot from the left hand side of the box. The second half was barely out of the gates before Roman Shirokov levelled the contest with a header from a corner. With 15 minutes remaining Zenit defender Tomas Hubocan turned a dangerous Montolivo cross into his own net under pressure from Pazzini.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...