Big spending Zenit remain pointless after a dramatic 3-2 home defeat to AC Milan
- October 3, 2012
Zenit St. Petersburg 2 – AC Milan 3 (Champions League, October 3, 2012) (Alternative highlights, Longer highlights.) Milan took a 13th minute lead in Russia when Urby Emanuelson’s free-kick took a big deflection en route to the back of the net. Milan’s super start continued in the 16th minute when Stephan El Shaarawy notched another sublime strike to add to his swelling collection. Milan had keeper Christian Abbiati to thank for preserving a clean sheet after the goalie made a super save to deny a fiere free-kick from Hulk, but on the stroke of halftime Zenit did find the net when Hulk drilled home a low shot from the left hand side of the box. The second half was barely out of the gates before Roman Shirokov levelled the contest with a header from a corner. With 15 minutes remaining Zenit defender Tomas Hubocan turned a dangerous Montolivo cross into his own net under pressure from Pazzini.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...