Big spending Zenit remain pointless after a dramatic 3-2 home defeat to AC Milan
- October 3, 2012
Zenit St. Petersburg 2 – AC Milan 3 (Champions League, October 3, 2012) (Alternative highlights, Longer highlights.) Milan took a 13th minute lead in Russia when Urby Emanuelson’s free-kick took a big deflection en route to the back of the net. Milan’s super start continued in the 16th minute when Stephan El Shaarawy notched another sublime strike to add to his swelling collection. Milan had keeper Christian Abbiati to thank for preserving a clean sheet after the goalie made a super save to deny a fiere free-kick from Hulk, but on the stroke of halftime Zenit did find the net when Hulk drilled home a low shot from the left hand side of the box. The second half was barely out of the gates before Roman Shirokov levelled the contest with a header from a corner. With 15 minutes remaining Zenit defender Tomas Hubocan turned a dangerous Montolivo cross into his own net under pressure from Pazzini.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi