- A young Irish Man United fan goes crazy when he gets tickets for Christmas [Video]
- Late Christmas present? Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud spotted shopping in Victoria Secret [Picture]
- Lukas Podolski: ‘In the next few days I’m going to talk to Arsene Wenger’ [Super Express]
- Chelsea send a warning letter to a fan about standing on his seat during a goal celebration [Picture]
- Chelsea announce Fernando Torres has joined AC Milan (ahead of Atletico Madrid move)
Celtic halt their home-sickness with a 3-2 win at Spartak Moscow
Spartak Moscow 2 – Celtic 3 (Champions League, October 2, 2012) (Alternative highlights.) Celtic took a 12th minute lead at Spartak through Gary Hooper’s neat flicked finish from a swift counter-attack. The Super Hoops could have extended their lead but a Gary Hooper header was chalked off for offside. Four minutes from the break Spartak pulled level as Ari controlled a high ball to play in Emmanuel Emenike who finished from close range. Spartak completed their turnaround early in the second half when Emmanuel Emenike scored his second of the match. The Russians were reduced to ten men when Juan Insaurralde took out Gary Hooper when he went through on goal. Celtic pulled level in the 71st minute when Jamie Forrest’s shot deflected in off Dmitriy Kombarov. In the 90th minute Celtic claimed a famous and rare away win as Georgios Samaras headed the Scots 3-2 up.
- Updated: October 2, 2012