Celtic halt their home-sickness with a 3-2 win at Spartak Moscow
- October 2, 2012
Spartak Moscow 2 – Celtic 3 (Champions League, October 2, 2012) (Alternative highlights.) Celtic took a 12th minute lead at Spartak through Gary Hooper’s neat flicked finish from a swift counter-attack. The Super Hoops could have extended their lead but a Gary Hooper header was chalked off for offside. Four minutes from the break Spartak pulled level as Ari controlled a high ball to play in Emmanuel Emenike who finished from close range. Spartak completed their turnaround early in the second half when Emmanuel Emenike scored his second of the match. The Russians were reduced to ten men when Juan Insaurralde took out Gary Hooper when he went through on goal. Celtic pulled level in the 71st minute when Jamie Forrest’s shot deflected in off Dmitriy Kombarov. In the 90th minute Celtic claimed a famous and rare away win as Georgios Samaras headed the Scots 3-2 up.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi