Man United KO’ed by Real Madrid: Nani’s harsh red, Modric scores a stunner, Ronaldo the winner
- March 5, 2013
Manchester United 1 – Real Madrid 2 (Agg. 2-3) (Champions League, March 5, 2013) (Alternative highlights, Longer highlights & alternative longer highlights.) Gonzalo Higuain had an early chance for Real which was blocked for a corner. At the other end Nemanja Vidic headed against he post and Danny Welbeck missed the follow up as United pressed. United took the lead early in the second half when Sergio Ramos diverted a Nani cross into his own net. The Red Devils were reduced to 10 men when Luis Nani was sent off for a high kick on Arbeloa. Real equalised through a belter from Luka Modric in the 66th, and less than three minutes later Cristiano Ronaldo steered MAdrid 2-1 ahead to leave United in a quagmire.
Pictures below the fold.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...