- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
- David De Gea has turned down Real Madrid, set to sign new 5-year Man United contract [Express]
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
Man United KO’ed by Real Madrid: Nani’s harsh red, Modric scores a stunner, Ronaldo the winner
Manchester United 1 – Real Madrid 2 (Agg. 2-3) (Champions League, March 5, 2013) (Alternative highlights, Longer highlights & alternative longer highlights.) Gonzalo Higuain had an early chance for Real which was blocked for a corner. At the other end Nemanja Vidic headed against he post and Danny Welbeck missed the follow up as United pressed. United took the lead early in the second half when Sergio Ramos diverted a Nani cross into his own net. The Red Devils were reduced to 10 men when Luis Nani was sent off for a high kick on Arbeloa. Real equalised through a belter from Luka Modric in the 66th, and less than three minutes later Cristiano Ronaldo steered MAdrid 2-1 ahead to leave United in a quagmire.
Pictures below the fold.
- Updated: March 5, 2013