- Class! Valencia prepare for Barcelona match with keepy-uppie rondo game in training [Video]
- Worries grow for Brazil legend Pele as he’s moved to special care unit in Sao Paolo hospital
- Universitario concede in stoppage time after goalkeeper goes to opposition box for corner
- The numbers behind Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere’s injury problems [Graphic]
- Spurs TV focus on Christian Eriksen in training ahead of game against Partizan Belgrade [Video]
Man United KO’ed by Real Madrid: Nani’s harsh red, Modric scores a stunner, Ronaldo the winner
Manchester United 1 – Real Madrid 2 (Agg. 2-3) (Champions League, March 5, 2013) (Alternative highlights, Longer highlights & alternative longer highlights.) Gonzalo Higuain had an early chance for Real which was blocked for a corner. At the other end Nemanja Vidic headed against he post and Danny Welbeck missed the follow up as United pressed. United took the lead early in the second half when Sergio Ramos diverted a Nani cross into his own net. The Red Devils were reduced to 10 men when Luis Nani was sent off for a high kick on Arbeloa. Real equalised through a belter from Luka Modric in the 66th, and less than three minutes later Cristiano Ronaldo steered MAdrid 2-1 ahead to leave United in a quagmire.
Pictures below the fold.
- Updated: March 5, 2013