Man United KO’ed by Real Madrid: Nani’s harsh red, Modric scores a stunner, Ronaldo the winner
- March 5, 2013
Manchester United 1 – Real Madrid 2 (Agg. 2-3) (Champions League, March 5, 2013) (Alternative highlights, Longer highlights & alternative longer highlights.) Gonzalo Higuain had an early chance for Real which was blocked for a corner. At the other end Nemanja Vidic headed against he post and Danny Welbeck missed the follow up as United pressed. United took the lead early in the second half when Sergio Ramos diverted a Nani cross into his own net. The Red Devils were reduced to 10 men when Luis Nani was sent off for a high kick on Arbeloa. Real equalised through a belter from Luka Modric in the 66th, and less than three minutes later Cristiano Ronaldo steered MAdrid 2-1 ahead to leave United in a quagmire.
Pictures below the fold.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi