Man United KO’ed by Real Madrid: Nani’s harsh red, Modric scores a stunner, Ronaldo the winner
- March 5, 2013
Manchester United 1 – Real Madrid 2 (Agg. 2-3) (Champions League, March 5, 2013) (Alternative highlights, Longer highlights & alternative longer highlights.) Gonzalo Higuain had an early chance for Real which was blocked for a corner. At the other end Nemanja Vidic headed against he post and Danny Welbeck missed the follow up as United pressed. United took the lead early in the second half when Sergio Ramos diverted a Nani cross into his own net. The Red Devils were reduced to 10 men when Luis Nani was sent off for a high kick on Arbeloa. Real equalised through a belter from Luka Modric in the 66th, and less than three minutes later Cristiano Ronaldo steered MAdrid 2-1 ahead to leave United in a quagmire.
Pictures below the fold.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...