Balotelli saves Man City’s bacon in a 1-1 draw with Borussia Dortmund
- October 3, 2012
Manchester City 1 – Borussia Dortmund 1 (Champions League, October 3, 2012) (Alternative highlights 1 & Alternative highlights 2.) Dortmund looked impressive in the opening stages, and the Germans were denied taking the lead when Joe Hart produced a fingertip save to push Mario Gotze’s shot onto the post. Joe Hart came to City’s rescue again in the first half when he saved another Mario Gotze shot onto the bar. Just after the hour Marco Reus fired Dortmund 1-up following a terrible cross-field pass from Jack Rodwell. Robert Lewandowski missed a sitter in front of goal as Dortmund sought a killer second. With less than three minutes remaining City won a vital penalty following a Nevan Subotic handball, and Mario Balotelli made no mistake from 12 yards.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi