- FC Barcelona will not renew Qatar sponsorship deal due to terror financing concerns
- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
Messi at the double as Barcelona crush AC Milan 4-0 to recover from 1st leg deficit
Barcelona 4 – AC Milan 0 (Agg. 2-4) (Champions League last 16 second leg, March 12, 2013) (Alternative highlights & Longer highlights.) It took Lionel Messi just 5 minutes to lash home the opener into the top corner to send the Nou Camp wild. Seconds after Mbaye Niang had hit the post, Lionel Messi made it 2-0 Barcelona and level on aggregate. After the break David Villa curled home the third. With Milan still pushing forward, in injury time Barcelona caught them on the break, Jordi Alba finishing the tie off.
- Updated: March 12, 2013