- Bayern midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger’s return from injury against Hoffenheim [Bundesliga Video]
- How’s my driving? Sergio Busquets startles Barcelona teammates Lionel Messi and Gerard Pique [Video]
- Alvaro Arbeloa says he doesn’t understand Platini’s problem and endorses Ronaldo to retain Ballon d’Or
- Flashback Friday! Niall Quinn and Kevin Philips combine to help Sunderland thump Chelsea [Video]
- Fight! River celebrate at the final whistle while Boca players clash with pitch-invading fans [Video]
#WengerOut: Arsenal are outclassed as Bayern win 3-1 at the Emirates
Arsenal 1 – Bayern Munich 3 (Champions League, February 19, 2013) (Alternative highlights & longer highlights.) Bayern broke the deadlock in the 7th minute with a thunderous strike from Toni Kroos. Bayern moved 2-up when Thomas Muller was able to score from a corner after van Buyten’s initial header was saved. Arsenal halved the deficit early in the second half when Lukas Podolski headed home a corner. Bayern opened up a 3-1 lead when Mario Mandzukic converted Lahm’s right wing cross.
Photos below the fold.
- Updated: February 19, 2013