Champions League: Maccabi Tel Aviv 2 – Maribor 2 [Official highlights]
- August 6, 2014
Maccabi Tel Aviv were dumped out of the Champions League after being held to a 2-2 draw by Maribor on Tuesday night.
Agim Ibraimi scored in each half as the Slovenian champions secured a spot in the play-off round with a second-leg draw to advance 3-2 on aggregate.
Maccabi coach Oscar Garcia told the media after the game:
We were much better than them but they had two chances and they scored two and we had 10 and also scored two. We played much better, but we couldn’t convert our chances and that was the difference.
We made unusual mistakes and that killed the game.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi