Barnsley 1 – Hull 1: Long on target as Tigers are held
- July 27, 2014
Shane Long broke the deadlock for last season’s FA Cup finalists Hull.
The Irish international striker opened two minutes after the restart as he charged down Barnsley keeper Adam Davies’ attempted clearance following Lewin Nyatanga’s misplaced pass back to his goalkeeper.
Conor Hourihane levelled for Barnsley 10 minutes later when he capitalised on a mistake from Eldin Jakupovic after Hull’s replacement keeper misjudged the flight of a long ball.
Hull’s next match is against Trecin in the Europa League on Thursday.
- Al Ain 0 – Hull 4: Ahmed Elmohamady scores a double for the Tigers (Highlights)
- How much? West Brom to sign Hull centre-back James Chester for £8m [Tweets]
- Paul McShane posts nasty photo of his leg after Marouane Fellaini’s tackle on him...
- Louis van Gaal berates “unbelievably stupid” Marouane Fellaini after Hull 0...
- Jimmy Bullard reckons Newcastle dropping to the Championship would be ‘unheard of...
- Louis van Gaal insists he’ll play full strength side for Hull v Manchester United...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi