Belgrano batter Boca Juniors 3-1; Maxi Rodriguez sends Newell’s top; River Plate score 5
- October 7, 2012
Belgrano 3 – Boca Juniors 1 (Apertura, October 7, 2012) Boca went ahead after four minutes as Santiago Silva sprinted through to finish well, but Sergio Rodriguez levelled by turning in a free-kick from 10 yards in the 23rd minute. Victor Aquino headed Belgrano in front two minutes into the second half, before Guillermo Farre fired their third in the 70th minute, a minute after Boca had substitute Christian Cellay sent off.
Independiente 2 – Atletico Rafaela 0 (Apertura, October 7, 2012) Luciano Leguizamon and Osmar Ferreyra scored in Independiente’s 2-0 home win over Atletico Rafaela.
Newell’s Old Boys 1 – Velez Sarsfield 0 (Apertura, October 7, 2012) Maxi Rodriguez scored the only goal of the game after 24 seconds as Newell’s Old Boys beat Velez Sarsfield to return to the top of the Argentinian Apertura.
River Plate 5 – Godoy Cruz 0 (Apertura, October 7, 2012) Martin Aguirre put River Plate ahead after nine minutes with a close-range finish, before, three minutes later, Leonardo Ponzio scored direct from a free-kick 35 yards out from goal. Ponzio looked set to swing over a cross from his position to the left of goal, but instead sent the ball floating over Nelson Ibanez. Carlos Sanchez and substitute Rogelio Mori stretched the lead, before Sanchez applied the finishing touch in the 76th minute with an elegant chip into the left corner from 25 yards.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]