- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
GLT Anyone? Andrea Pirlo ‘goal’ (Juventus) v Parma
- Updated: August 25, 2012
UPDATE: On receiving new picture evidence, 101GG retracts the earlier negativity towards the following incident.
We are huge supporters for the introduction of goalline technology, but sometimes you’ve got to give referee’s their dues.
Saturday night in Italy saw Juventus open their Serie A account with a 2-0 win over Parma, but there was huge controversy over the Bianconeri’s second goal of the match.
In the 58th minute Andrea Pirlo drove a free-kick at Antonio Mirante’s goal, but the Parma shotstopper got down low to save the ball on the goalline. Interestingly, Juve defender Leonardo Bonucci was stood directly over the keeper when he stopped the shot, and the number two made no immediate gestures as if the ball had crossed the line. But then the fourth official took over.
Standing three yards away from the incident with a perfect view of the goalline, the fourth official awarded a goal even though the call was terrifically difficult to see. Picture evidence appears to have proven that Pirlo’s shot crossed the line, and thus credit should be showered on the official for his bold decision.
Watch Andrea Pirlo’s goal below.