Zlatan Ibrahimovic saying revamped Swedish national anthem turned into a pop song
- February 12, 2014
The ad, featuring Zlatan saying the anthem, was significant in Sweden as Ibrahimovic has often been accused of failing to sing “Du gamla, Du fria” before big Sweden matches.
Zlatan described his version of the Swedish national anthem: “This is as Sweden looks like 2014. I don’t speak perfect Swedish, but that’s the way it is. A mix everywhere. I can be Swedish all the same. We are all different yet similar.”
Ibrahimovic added: “My father is from Bosnia and Muslim. Mum is from Croatia and Catholic. But I was born in Sweden and am a Swedish citizen. You can’t change that. That’s the situation, accept it.”
And, on previously not singing the anthem, Zlatan said in promotional work for the Volvo ad: “It has just never clicked with me to sing these words,” he said. “This new anthem is just what we need. The old one was long and boring.”
The revamped version of the Swedish anthem, by Zlatan Ibrahimovic, has now taken on a life if its own, as a pop song, which can be heard above.
- Watch the amazing Swedish parade and party after U21 Euro triumph [Video]
- John Guidetti leads passionate chanting at Sweden’s homecoming after U21 Euro win...
- John Guidetti gave a crazy interview after Sweden U21s smashed Denmark [video]
- Wow: The last three minutes of Sweden U21 v Portugal U21 in 13 seconds [Video]
- Sweden fans troll Spurs striker Harry Kane during their 1-0 defeat in Euro U21 [Picture]
- The 2 Swedish mascots & their priceless reactions to meeting Zlatan Ibrahimovic [v...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi