- John Terry & MOTM Eden Hazard interview post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
- Barça loanee (West Ham) Alex Song: ‘Arsenal is a big family that’s still part of my heart’
- Man United star Angel Di Maria INJURED in final training session before Newcastle game
- Leicester v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
- Wayne Rooney in CM! Man United’s formation according to MUTV [Picture]
Zlatan Ibrahimovic saying revamped Swedish national anthem turned into a pop song
The ad, featuring Zlatan saying the anthem, was significant in Sweden as Ibrahimovic has often been accused of failing to sing “Du gamla, Du fria” before big Sweden matches.
Zlatan described his version of the Swedish national anthem: “This is as Sweden looks like 2014. I don’t speak perfect Swedish, but that’s the way it is. A mix everywhere. I can be Swedish all the same. We are all different yet similar.”
Ibrahimovic added: “My father is from Bosnia and Muslim. Mum is from Croatia and Catholic. But I was born in Sweden and am a Swedish citizen. You can’t change that. That’s the situation, accept it.”
And, on previously not singing the anthem, Zlatan said in promotional work for the Volvo ad: “It has just never clicked with me to sing these words,” he said. “This new anthem is just what we need. The old one was long and boring.”
The revamped version of the Swedish anthem, by Zlatan Ibrahimovic, has now taken on a life if its own, as a pop song, which can be heard above.
- Updated: February 12, 2014