Zlatan Ibrahimovic after losing to Portugal – “A World Cup without me is not worth watching”
- November 20, 2013
He called himself God in the run-up to the match, so it was little surprise to see Zlatan Ibrahimovic still talking up his talents after his 2014 World Cup dream was snuffed out.
The world will be deprived of watching Zlatan take the field at Brazil 2014 after the Scandinavians were beaten Cristiano Ronaldo and company on Tuesday night, yet Zlatan’s self-belief remained unchecked after the defeat.
The PSG forward had almost written his name into football folklore as Ibra scored twice after Ronaldo had put Portugal ahead, however thoughts of a sensational Swedish comeback were single-handedly dashed by Portugal’s number 7.
After the game Zlatan, who is 32, turned to his official app to express his thoughts on the game and to discuss the future of his international career, and Ibrahimovic provided his fans with typically self-aggrandising answers.
In short, Zlatan has failed to categorically write off playing at Russia 2018, while he advises people not to tune into next summer’s World Cup finals.
Read Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s post match thoughts below.
— Johanna Garå (@johannagara) November 19, 2013
- Watch the amazing Swedish parade and party after U21 Euro triumph [Video]
- John Guidetti leads passionate chanting at Sweden’s homecoming after U21 Euro win...
- John Guidetti gave a crazy interview after Sweden U21s smashed Denmark [video]
- Wow: The last three minutes of Sweden U21 v Portugal U21 in 13 seconds [Video]
- Sweden fans troll Spurs striker Harry Kane during their 1-0 defeat in Euro U21 [Picture]
- The 2 Swedish mascots & their priceless reactions to meeting Zlatan Ibrahimovic [v...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...