Zenit want ex-Tottenham man Andre Villas-Boas as their new boss offering a 4-year deal [Sky Italia]
- March 12, 2014
Andre Villas-Boas may be about to re-enter the world of football after being turfed out of Tottenham earlier in the season.
According to Sky Italia’s inside-man Gianluca Di Marzio, Zenit St Petersburg are in discussions with Andre Villas-Boas about the Portuguese boss becoming their new manager, and the Russians believe the outlook is good for landing the former White Hart Lane boss.
AVB has been linked with coaching jobs at Bayern Munich and Barcelona in recent months since he was pushed out the door at Tottenham, however Zenit are now hoping to land the 36-year-old manager having sacked Luciano Spalletti this week.
According to Di Marzio, Zenit have offered AVB a four year deal at the club and “Villas-Boas looks ready to say yes… (as) Zenit is a major temptation.”
Should the deal come to fruition, then Villas-Boas will be reunited with Brazilian striker Hulk whom he managed during his glorious time at FC Porto.
Zenit are currently second in the Russian league trailing Lokomotiv by two points, while the Russians are on the brink of exiting the Champions League having lost 4-2 at home to Borussia Dortmund in the last-16 first leg.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...