Zenit ultras threw flares on Austria Vienna fans, fought riot police & caused stadium damage [Videos & Pictures]
- December 12, 2013
A large group of Zenit St Petersburg’s fans were a menace and a disgrace during their side’s 4-1 defeat at Austria Vienna on Wednesday night.
Zenit qualified for the Champions League last-16 with the lowest points tally in the competition’s history (just 6 points), however their qualification success was sullied by the appalling behaviour of their fans at the Ernst Happel Stadion in Vienna.
Home fans ran for safety early on in the match as Zenit supporters showered them with lit flares in scary scenes.
As the Zenit ultras got more cocky with their terrorising tactics, riot police stepped into the fray to tackle the Russian supporters with force.
Eventually the security forces penned the Zenit fans into their section of the stadium, however the raucous away supporters continued to light flares and let off loud bangers.
The Zenit fans also caused some stadium damage destroying one gate which was being used to keep the Russian fans in their seats.
Two videos of the Zenit fans causing trouble at Austria Vienna are below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]