- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Zenit set to gazump Napoli to re-sign Liverpool centre-back Martin Skrtel
Not only is Luis Suarez head for the exit door at Liverpool, centre-half Martin Skrtel is leaving too if widespread reports are to be believed.
Most had thought that Skrtel would be heading to Napoli after the move had been touted loudly by several Italian news agencies earlier in the week.
The move to San Paolo had seemed to make sense as Skrtel would be reunited with former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez at Napoli, as well as ex-Liverpool teammate Pepe Reina.
But now new rumours have surfaced overnight that Russian moneybags Zenit St Petersburg had moved into pole position for the Slovakian centre-half.
Skrtel to Zenit also seems closer. Might be confirmed tomorrow morning. It will mean all but a new CB for #LFC.
— Artur Petrosyan (@arturpetrosyan) August 6, 2013
Skrtel was signed by Liverpool back in 2008 from Zenit, where the defender played 113 games over four seasons between 2004-2008.
Footage of Martin Skrtel playing for Zenit can be seen below.
- Updated: August 7, 2013