Zenit set to gazump Napoli to re-sign Liverpool centre-back Martin Skrtel
- August 7, 2013
Not only is Luis Suarez head for the exit door at Liverpool, centre-half Martin Skrtel is leaving too if widespread reports are to be believed.
Most had thought that Skrtel would be heading to Napoli after the move had been touted loudly by several Italian news agencies earlier in the week.
The move to San Paolo had seemed to make sense as Skrtel would be reunited with former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez at Napoli, as well as ex-Liverpool teammate Pepe Reina.
But now new rumours have surfaced overnight that Russian moneybags Zenit St Petersburg had moved into pole position for the Slovakian centre-half.
Skrtel to Zenit also seems closer. Might be confirmed tomorrow morning. It will mean all but a new CB for #LFC.
— Artur Petrosyan (@arturpetrosyan) August 6, 2013
Skrtel was signed by Liverpool back in 2008 from Zenit, where the defender played 113 games over four seasons between 2004-2008.
Footage of Martin Skrtel playing for Zenit can be seen below.
- Slaven Bilic tries to explain West Ham’s incredible away form this season
- Chelsea & Liverpool lose, Kamara gets the giggles: Best of Soccer Saturday (video)
- Liverpool were sh*te, w*nk & Dejan Lovren was f*cking abysmal v West Ham (Redmen T...
- West Ham fan gets a tattoo to celebrate beating Liverpool 3-0 (Picture & Tweets)
- Dejan Lovren destroyed on Twitter as Liverpool lose 3-0 at home to West Ham
- Ex-Liverpool man Ryan Babel apologizes for sexist rant on Snapchat
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...