Zaha was dropped for Man United U21s match v Boro, constantly lost possession when he came on [Video]
Wilfried Zaha’s career at Manchester United already looks in serious doubt after a miserable Monday for the 21-year-old.
Zaha, who was brought to Old Trafford by Sir Alex Ferguson, has barely featured for David Moyes in his first full season at United, and by all accounts the young English star is stagnating at Carrington.
Rumours continue to swirl about that Zaha is on the fringes at United, and the forward received a massive vote of no confidence on Monday when he was bizarrely dropped for the U21s match against Middlesbrough having initially been named in the starting XI.
Zaha was dropped after the warm-up, although the precise reason for his demotion to the bench remains a mystery.
When Zaha did come off the bench ten minutes into the second half, last summer’s £15million signing failed to impress. Whilst Zaha successfully beat Boro players with some eye-catching runs, more noticeable was the player’s inability finish those runs with significant passes and crosses. Repeatedly Zaha lost possession for his side. The match ended 0-0.
It doesn’t take a genius to assume Zaha’s confidence is very low at the moment.
Zaha has made just three first-team appearances for Manchester United.
Watch Wilfried Zaha’s individual highlights for Manchester United U21s v Boro.
Watch Live Stream
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic praises Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s ‘magnificent’ goal v Zorya (Video)December 8, 2016
- Jose Mourinho shows great agility to dodge linesman during Zorya 0 – Manchester Utd 2 (Video)December 8, 2016
- Paul Scholes & Michael Owen agree Henrikh Mkhitaryan should start v Tottenham (Video)December 8, 2016
- Paul Scholes & Michael Owen tip Manchester United to win Europa League (Video)December 8, 2016
- Wilfried Zaha set to switch to the Ivory Coast despite having played for England [BBC]November 22, 2016
- Andros Townsend & Wilfried Zaha play FIFA 17 & argue about their stats (Video)October 7, 2016
- Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha was terrible for West Ham v Saints, say the SunSeptember 26, 2016
- Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha posts cryptic message on Instagram amid Spurs interestAugust 30, 2016