Zaha was dropped for Man United U21s match v Boro, constantly lost possession when he came on [Video]
- January 21, 2014
Wilfried Zaha’s career at Manchester United already looks in serious doubt after a miserable Monday for the 21-year-old.
Zaha, who was brought to Old Trafford by Sir Alex Ferguson, has barely featured for David Moyes in his first full season at United, and by all accounts the young English star is stagnating at Carrington.
Rumours continue to swirl about that Zaha is on the fringes at United, and the forward received a massive vote of no confidence on Monday when he was bizarrely dropped for the U21s match against Middlesbrough having initially been named in the starting XI.
Zaha was dropped after the warm-up, although the precise reason for his demotion to the bench remains a mystery.
When Zaha did come off the bench ten minutes into the second half, last summer’s £15million signing failed to impress. Whilst Zaha successfully beat Boro players with some eye-catching runs, more noticeable was the player’s inability finish those runs with significant passes and crosses. Repeatedly Zaha lost possession for his side. The match ended 0-0.
It doesn’t take a genius to assume Zaha’s confidence is very low at the moment.
Zaha has made just three first-team appearances for Manchester United.
Watch Wilfried Zaha’s individual highlights for Manchester United U21s v Boro.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...