- Michael Owen slated hard on Twitter during first half of Aston Villa v Liverpool [Best Tweets]
- Gareth Bale out of Atletico Madrid 2nd leg, will miss 2-4 weeks [Cope]
- Screamer: An 89th minute 45 yard golazo winner from the American 3rd tier [Video]
- Louis van Gaal got pretty angry with a journalist in Chelsea presser [video]
- Newcastle v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
You sold Bale, we signed Mesut Ozil! Arsenal fans Troll Spurs after Champions League final
- May 25, 2014
— Arsenal PR (@Arsenal_PR_Team) May 25, 2014
It was the song that Arsenal fans were singing at the end of the summer transfer window, and it has turned out just like many Gooners expected.
Tottenham sold arguably their best player of the last century in Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.
And, Real Madrid subsequently needed some money to balance the books, so shifted Mesut Ozil to Arsenal.
For much of the campaign, there were question marks over whether Ozil and Bale had been successes at their respective clubs.
The picture in the Tweet above suggests it worked out quite nicely for both Mesut Ozil and Gareth Bale with Arsenal and Real Madrid winning silverware.
In Gareth Bale’s case, it was a cup double with the Copa del Rey joined by the Champions League.
Spurs meanwhile, finished sixth, failed to qualify for the Champions League and are looking for a new manager.
You sold bale and he got champions league, We buy Ozil and get the FA. Cc: @IndoSpurs . WKWKWK
— Setyawan (@MenyapaSetyawan) May 25, 2014
Hows it feel to be tottenham hows it feel to be small you sold bale we signed mesut ozil
— Aron Egan-Hanlon (@AronEganHanlon) May 24, 2014