You need to know about new Santos wonderkid Gabriel who is banging in the goals!
- February 2, 2014
We warned you that Gabriel was a player you need to know about, all the way back in August.
The last month has seen the 17-year-old striker come to the fore in the Paulista Championship and there should be no surprise that the youngster nicknamed “Gabigoal” is exuding plenty of excitement in Brazil.
Santos, the club that produced Pele, Robinho and Neymar, look to have another world star on their hands.
And, whilst Gabriel will be compared to Neymar, especially as Barcelona are understood to have first dibs on the forward, he appears to be an out-and-out striker compared to the trickster who has already arrived at the Nou Camp.
So far in the last month, Gabriel has notched four goals in his last five games, with two coming on Saturday night in a 5-1 rout of Botafogo SP. (See both goals on the videos below.)
Of course, it will be argued that “Gabigoal” is banging them in against poor defences and he will be tested but it is not hard to get excited about a quality looking starlet coming through the Santos youth system!
- Santos’ Gabigol (‘New Neymar’) plays guitar with the corner flag afte...
- Miss of the season: Fred fluffed an open goal from 2-yards out for Fluminense v Santos ...
- Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni enters the club’s all-time top 10 scorers list with...
- Still got it: Robinho (Santos) produced a ridiculous piece of skill v Sport Recife [Video]
- Santos keeper Vladimir pulls off incredible recovery save v Corinthians [Video]
- Robinho celebrates sweet nutmeg for Santos v Marquinho of Audax [videos]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...