You may want to retract that! Newcastle Chronicle mistakes Fabio Borini’s goal celebration for a Nazi salute
- February 2, 2014
Well this is embarrassing.
Eagle-eyes Sunderland supporters have flagged up a grievous error on the Newcastle Chronicle’s website which was made during the Black Cats’ derby win at St James’ Park on Saturday.
Sunderland broke the deadlock through Liverpool loanee striker Fabio Borini, and the young Italian forward is known for celebrating goals by placing his left hand in his mouth while thrusting his irght arm as far as it can extend.
Following the game one Sunderland fan was snapped in the streets performing the Borini celebration, however the Newcastle Chronicle made a horrible cock-up interpreting what the image was actually representing.
The offending entry has since been deleted from the website.
See how the Newcastle Chronicle confused Fabio Borini’s goal celebration for a Nazi salute below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]