You may want to retract that! Newcastle Chronicle mistakes Fabio Borini’s goal celebration for a Nazi salute
Well this is embarrassing.
Eagle-eyes Sunderland supporters have flagged up a grievous error on the Newcastle Chronicle’s website which was made during the Black Cats’ derby win at St James’ Park on Saturday.
Sunderland broke the deadlock through Liverpool loanee striker Fabio Borini, and the young Italian forward is known for celebrating goals by placing his left hand in his mouth while thrusting his irght arm as far as it can extend.
Following the game one Sunderland fan was snapped in the streets performing the Borini celebration, however the Newcastle Chronicle made a horrible cock-up interpreting what the image was actually representing.
The offending entry has since been deleted from the website.
See how the Newcastle Chronicle confused Fabio Borini’s goal celebration for a Nazi salute below.
- Sunderland’s Fabio Borini says ex Liverpool man Mario Balotelli is the best he’s ever...
- Watch Fabio Borini’s 1st interview after completing his Sunderland move from Liverpool (Video)
- Sunderland rescue Fabio Borini from Liverpool nightmare in £10 million deal
- Liverpool & Sunderland fans make plenty of jokes on Fabio Borini’s potential move to W...
- Ex-Newcastle defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa gets a historic low player rating from L’Equipe (Vi...
- Jamie Vardy gives Leicester a big boost before the Newcastle game
- Kieron Dyer makes a joke at Newcastle United’s expense on I’m a Celebrity (Video)
- Hatem Ben Arfa waxes lyrical about ‘hell’ of being a ‘prisoner’ at Newcas...
- Crystal Palace benefit from a mega price hike against homesick Sunderland [Promo]
- Sunderland’s Duncan Watmore individual highlights for England U21 v Switzerland (Official Video)
- England 3 – Switzerland 1: Sunderland’s Duncan Watmore & Arsenal’s Chuba A...
- Merseyside Police launch investigation after Trolling Sunderland & Chelsea on Twitter