- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas hits back at Sergio Ramos’ Spain criticisms: ‘Say it to my face!’ [Sport]
- “Amazing! Top football!” Jose Mourinho on Chelsea’s 5-0 win at Schalke [Video]
- Man City fly in Monaco’s Layvin Kurzawa on a private jet, but left-back sees Bayern game in his hotel
- Enfield’s Edgar Davids! Spurs fans have prepared a new Ryan Mason flag!
- Man United may move for Wesley Sneijder after he was dropped by Galatasaray [Star]
You Hypocrite! Shakhtar goal cheat Luiz Adriano complains after Zenit score from a sneaky free-kick
Shakhtar Donetsk forward Luiz Adriano has some giant cojones.
Back at the end of November the Ukrainian-based Brazilian striker established himself as public enemy number one after the attacker scored a disgraceful goal against Nordsjælland in the Champions League.
To rewind, Luiz Adriano broke footballing fair-play convention when he seized upon a returned pass towards the Nordsjælland keeper from a drop-ball to round the goalie and score.
On Tuesday Luiz Adriano was back in action as his Shakhtar team took on Zenit St. Petersburg in a friendly, and just after the half hour the Russians levelled the match as a quick, sneaky free-kick was played to Konstantin Zyryanov and the 35-year-old pro slipped a tidy shot into the far post.
But then came Donetsk’s cry-baby reaction.
Unhappy at thinking Zenit took an illegal free-kick the Ukrainian players, Luiz Adriano included, started whinging to ref that the goal should be ruled out. Happily the officials ignored those protests.
Karma is a bitch.
Watch Zenit’s sneaky goal & Shakhtar’s bad reaction below.
- Updated: January 22, 2013