You cannae tackle any more: Barry Douglas (Dundee Utd) ridiculous red card v Ross County
- April 27, 2013
This is a very, very harsh red card.
Dundee United defender Barry Douglas was shown a straight red for a sliding challenge on Ross County’s Ivan Sproule in which he cleanly won the ball.
His studs weren’t ‘up’ exactly, though they were pointed upwards, but he didn’t go over the ball, sliding along the ground and cleanly taking the ball.
He did catch Sproule on the follow through, though this is inevitable and allowed. It is a contact sport after all!
Watch Barry Douglas’ severely harsh red card after winning the ball from Ivan Sproule on the clip below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”316023″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi