- Leo Messi unhappy that Barcelona haven’t lobbied for him to win Ballon D’Or [MARCA]
- Liverpool planning January move for West Brom’s Saido Berahino [Mail]
- Barcelona boss Luis Enrique: ‘There is no ‘Messi Case’, Leo is happy here’ [Video]
- Darren Fletcher makes fun of Ashley Young’s diving in Manchester United Q&A for Chevrolet
- Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez poses in his underwear for modelling photo shoot [Video]
Yoann Gourcuff offered to English clubs on loan, Arsenal tipped by L’Equipe to make a move
Reports in France this morning confirm that Lyon have offered playmaker Yoann Gourcuff to English clubs due to financial problems.
L’Equipe claim Gourcuff has been offered to clubs in England, Spain and Turkey with Arsenal tipped to make an offer for the Frenchman.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has previously shown interest in the 26-year-old midfielder and L’Equipe suggest today that the Gunners could make their move in the final days of the transfer window.
Gourcuff joined Lyon from Bordeaux for 22.3 million euros in 2010 and up until now has not shown any desire to leave the club.
The French international started for Lyon in their 0-0 draw with Evian on Friday night. Gourcuff was booked and substituted just after the hour.
A loan move for Gourcuff would also impact Arsenal’s north London rivals Tottenham who play Lyon in the next round of the Europa League.
Video evidence of Yoann Gourcuff in action can be seen below.
- Updated: January 20, 2013