- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Yoann Gourcuff offered to English clubs on loan, Arsenal tipped by L’Equipe to make a move
Reports in France this morning confirm that Lyon have offered playmaker Yoann Gourcuff to English clubs due to financial problems.
L’Equipe claim Gourcuff has been offered to clubs in England, Spain and Turkey with Arsenal tipped to make an offer for the Frenchman.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has previously shown interest in the 26-year-old midfielder and L’Equipe suggest today that the Gunners could make their move in the final days of the transfer window.
Gourcuff joined Lyon from Bordeaux for 22.3 million euros in 2010 and up until now has not shown any desire to leave the club.
The French international started for Lyon in their 0-0 draw with Evian on Friday night. Gourcuff was booked and substituted just after the hour.
A loan move for Gourcuff would also impact Arsenal’s north London rivals Tottenham who play Lyon in the next round of the Europa League.
Video evidence of Yoann Gourcuff in action can be seen below.
- Updated: January 20, 2013