Yoann Gourcuff offered to English clubs on loan, Arsenal tipped by L’Equipe to make a move
- January 20, 2013
Reports in France this morning confirm that Lyon have offered playmaker Yoann Gourcuff to English clubs due to financial problems.
L’Equipe claim Gourcuff has been offered to clubs in England, Spain and Turkey with Arsenal tipped to make an offer for the Frenchman.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has previously shown interest in the 26-year-old midfielder and L’Equipe suggest today that the Gunners could make their move in the final days of the transfer window.
Gourcuff joined Lyon from Bordeaux for 22.3 million euros in 2010 and up until now has not shown any desire to leave the club.
The French international started for Lyon in their 0-0 draw with Evian on Friday night. Gourcuff was booked and substituted just after the hour.
A loan move for Gourcuff would also impact Arsenal’s north London rivals Tottenham who play Lyon in the next round of the Europa League.
Video evidence of Yoann Gourcuff in action can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...