Yaya Toure’s Man City exit looks certain as star slams club for taking him to Abu Dhabi as brother was dying
Forget birthday cakes. Is this the real reason why Yaya Toure is set to leave Man City this summer?
To recap, just over a month ago reports broke in the media that Yaya Toure was threatening to walk out of Premier League champions Man City over an apparent birthday celebrations feud.
The Sun’s incredible exclusive that Yaya Toure was considering his Manchester City future after he was offended by the club’s respect given to him on his birthday, turned out to be completely true.
Yaya’s agent Dimitry Seluk took to Sky Sports News to reiterate the accuracy of the birthday snub point of tension, as well as saying that his client is 50/50 to be at the Etihad at the start of the season.
Now the percentages look to be far higher that Toure will leave the Eithad, after the Ivory Coast midfielder slammed City for not allowing him to spend more time with his brother Ibrahim before he died last week in Manchester.
Ibrahim, who was just 28, passed away after losing a battle with cancer.
Now Yaya Toure has discussed his grief with France Football, and he has painted out the Citizens are a cold hearted group of people. Yaya Toure said:
I confess that I am still very sad. I’m suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.
At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast.
Except that City did not want to give me a few days.
I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside.
After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.
However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline.
This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season. Because my head had taken control of my body.
These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.
I have had sporting success, except that when you get home and you find yourself facing the distress of someone you love, but you do not know how you can help, it’s not good.
Watch Live Stream
- Manchester City to announce £20m deal for Dortmund star Ilkay Gundogan today [BILD]May 24th, 2016
- Man City set to spent big money on BVB’s Ilkay Gundogan even though he’s injured [Kic...May 22nd, 2016
- Which team will be better: Pep Guardiola’s Man City or Jose Mourinho’s Man United? (B...May 22nd, 2016
- Man United players sing about Man City in dressing room after FA Cup final win (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Yaya Toure makes Manuel Pellegrini throw Man City jacket into away support (Video)May 15th, 2016
- ‘The Blue Shirts’ : Yaya Toure makes startling admission about his transfer to Manche...May 5th, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne and Man City stars show off their free kick skills in training (Video)April 25th, 2016
- Man City post quality hand drawn video animations of their best CL goalsMarch 14th, 2016