Yaya Toure’s Man City exit looks certain as star slams club for taking him to Abu Dhabi as brother was dying
Forget birthday cakes. Is this the real reason why Yaya Toure is set to leave Man City this summer?
To recap, just over a month ago reports broke in the media that Yaya Toure was threatening to walk out of Premier League champions Man City over an apparent birthday celebrations feud.
The Sun’s incredible exclusive that Yaya Toure was considering his Manchester City future after he was offended by the club’s respect given to him on his birthday, turned out to be completely true.
Yaya’s agent Dimitry Seluk took to Sky Sports News to reiterate the accuracy of the birthday snub point of tension, as well as saying that his client is 50/50 to be at the Etihad at the start of the season.
Now the percentages look to be far higher that Toure will leave the Eithad, after the Ivory Coast midfielder slammed City for not allowing him to spend more time with his brother Ibrahim before he died last week in Manchester.
Ibrahim, who was just 28, passed away after losing a battle with cancer.
Now Yaya Toure has discussed his grief with France Football, and he has painted out the Citizens are a cold hearted group of people. Yaya Toure said:
I confess that I am still very sad. I’m suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.
At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast.
Except that City did not want to give me a few days.
I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside.
After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.
However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline.
This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season. Because my head had taken control of my body.
These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.
I have had sporting success, except that when you get home and you find yourself facing the distress of someone you love, but you do not know how you can help, it’s not good.
Watch Live Stream
- Joe Hart posts heartfelt message on Instagram to Man City fansAugust 25, 2016
- Joe Hart discusses situation at Man City & jokes about his 100% pass completion rate (Video)August 24, 2016
- Joe Hart tears up as Man City fans sing “Stand up if you love Joe Hart” (Video)August 24, 2016
- Manchester City fans show support for Joe Hart with chants and dodgy bannersAugust 24, 2016
- Farewell: Pep Guardiola comments on Joe Hart and Yaya Toure’s futures at Man CityAugust 19, 2016
- How Man City’s Yaya Toure is turning into Chelsea’s Winston BogardeAugust 16, 2016
- Pep Guardiola is giving Yaya Toure the Bastian Schweinsteiger treatment at Man CityAugust 15, 2016
- Pep drops Hart, Yaya Toure cut from squad: Manchester City v Sunderland [Team Sheets]August 13, 2016