Yaya Toure’s agent says Manchester City midfielder would win individual trophies if he was white
- July 12, 2014
Agents are often painted as meddlesome characters, difficult for football clubs to deal with, they often drive a wedge between player and team.
Dimitri Seluk, the agent of Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure, is one such agent. Seluk isn’t shy of controversy and has attracted once more by saying that Toure would have won individual offers if he was white, as reported by the Daily Mail.
In the extract from the article, here is what Seluk said in full: ‘If he (Toure) was white, 100 per cent he would have won one of these top awards. I don’t want to talk too much about racism or the politics of football, but he does not get the praise he should get. Yaya has three times in a row won the African Player of the Year, but it is different with the other awards.’
Toure finished third in the PFA Player of the Year awards last season after playing an integral role in Man City’s title win. The big midfielder seems to feel unappreciated in general and has been itching for a move away from England with the likes of Paris Saint Germain on high alert.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City’s Sergio Aguero charged with violent conduct by FA; Likely to miss Man United gameAugust 30, 2016
- Man City’s Samir Nasri plans to reject Besiktas & move to Spain instead [L’Equipe]August 30, 2016
- Man City’s Sergio Aguero ruled out of Argentina internationals due to injuryAugust 29, 2016
- Man City starlet Ian Carlo Poveda scores twice v Liverpool U18 in a rout (Instagram Video)August 29, 2016
- Farewell: Pep Guardiola comments on Joe Hart and Yaya Toure’s futures at Man CityAugust 19, 2016
- How Man City’s Yaya Toure is turning into Chelsea’s Winston BogardeAugust 16, 2016
- Pep Guardiola is giving Yaya Toure the Bastian Schweinsteiger treatment at Man CityAugust 15, 2016
- Pep drops Hart, Yaya Toure cut from squad: Manchester City v Sunderland [Team Sheets]August 13, 2016