Yaya Toure’s agent says Manchester City midfielder would win individual trophies if he was white
- July 12, 2014
Agents are often painted as meddlesome characters, difficult for football clubs to deal with, they often drive a wedge between player and team.
Dimitri Seluk, the agent of Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure, is one such agent. Seluk isn’t shy of controversy and has attracted once more by saying that Toure would have won individual offers if he was white, as reported by the Daily Mail.
In the extract from the article, here is what Seluk said in full: ‘If he (Toure) was white, 100 per cent he would have won one of these top awards. I don’t want to talk too much about racism or the politics of football, but he does not get the praise he should get. Yaya has three times in a row won the African Player of the Year, but it is different with the other awards.’
Toure finished third in the PFA Player of the Year awards last season after playing an integral role in Man City’s title win. The big midfielder seems to feel unappreciated in general and has been itching for a move away from England with the likes of Paris Saint Germain on high alert.
Watch Live Stream
- Celtic v Man City: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 28, 2016
- Italian press tip an ex-Man City boss to become the new England managerSeptember 28, 2016
- Chelsea & Liverpool stars battle Kevin De Bruyne & Michail Antonio for a Premier League awardSeptember 27, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne’s injury may trigger a special coming together for the Hazard brothers [HLN]September 26, 2016
- Listen to the complete, crazy rant from Yaya Toure’s agent towards Pep Guardiola (BBC Audio)September 25, 2016
- Dimitri Seluk at it again, says Pep Guardiola treats players like dogs [Tweet]September 23, 2016
- Yaya Toure is allowed to leave Man City for one of their title rivals in January [Guardian]September 21, 2016
- ‘Money-hungry’ Pep Guardiola told Yaya Toure he was leaving Barcelona for a ‘sh*t team’ in 2010September 21, 2016