- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
Yaya Toure’s agent says Manchester City midfielder would win individual trophies if he was white
Agents are often painted as meddlesome characters, difficult for football clubs to deal with, they often drive a wedge between player and team.
Dimitri Seluk, the agent of Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure, is one such agent. Seluk isn’t shy of controversy and has attracted once more by saying that Toure would have won individual offers if he was white, as reported by the Daily Mail.
In the extract from the article, here is what Seluk said in full: ‘If he (Toure) was white, 100 per cent he would have won one of these top awards. I don’t want to talk too much about racism or the politics of football, but he does not get the praise he should get. Yaya has three times in a row won the African Player of the Year, but it is different with the other awards.’
Toure finished third in the PFA Player of the Year awards last season after playing an integral role in Man City’s title win. The big midfielder seems to feel unappreciated in general and has been itching for a move away from England with the likes of Paris Saint Germain on high alert.
- Updated: July 12, 2014