Yaya Toure’s agent says Manchester City midfielder would win individual trophies if he was white
- July 12, 2014
Agents are often painted as meddlesome characters, difficult for football clubs to deal with, they often drive a wedge between player and team.
Dimitri Seluk, the agent of Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure, is one such agent. Seluk isn’t shy of controversy and has attracted once more by saying that Toure would have won individual offers if he was white, as reported by the Daily Mail.
In the extract from the article, here is what Seluk said in full: ‘If he (Toure) was white, 100 per cent he would have won one of these top awards. I don’t want to talk too much about racism or the politics of football, but he does not get the praise he should get. Yaya has three times in a row won the African Player of the Year, but it is different with the other awards.’
Toure finished third in the PFA Player of the Year awards last season after playing an integral role in Man City’s title win. The big midfielder seems to feel unappreciated in general and has been itching for a move away from England with the likes of Paris Saint Germain on high alert.
Watch Live Stream
- Pep Guardiola revises his Coca-Cola policy after Gabriel Jesus drinks it (Video)December 3, 2016
- Man City v Chelsea is the game of the weekend and here’s the stats previewDecember 2, 2016
- Chelsea boss Conte says letting Kevin De Bruyne go was a massive mistakeDecember 2, 2016
- In-depth Fantasy Football previews: Man City v Chelsea & how to replace CoutinhoDecember 2, 2016
- Man City’s Yaya Toure builds his ultimate footballer from team mates (Video)November 30, 2016
- BT Sport pundit Owen Hargreaves makes bizarre claim about Man City’s Yaya Toure (Video)November 26, 2016
- Better than Paul Pogba? Yaya Toure inspires love after a double for Man City v Palace [Tweets]November 19, 2016
- Pep Guardiola surprises Manchester City fans by starting Yaya ToureNovember 19, 2016