Yaya Toure talks to City TV about winning the BBC African Footballer of the Year 2013
- December 3, 2013
“I think I’ve been nominated for five years in a row and finally winning the award is amazing. It’s a fantastic achievement because I don’t think there has ever been as many quality African players in top-level international football as there are now: Aubameyang, Pitroipa, Mikel, Moses, Salomon Kalou, Gervinho… we have fantastic players. I also think African football is improving and that means a lot to us. And as an African, I’m very happy.” – Yaya Toure.
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has been awarded the BBC African Footballer of the Year 2013 following an excellent season for the Premier League title chasers.
Perhaps the biggest surprise is that Toure, despite being nominated five times previously, in years when he has bagged silverware, has now won this award before.
As ever, City TV make mention of Yaya’s brother Kolo and that famous song, so beloved of students, in the clip above.
- Yaya Toure’s Fantasy 5-a-side team, ft. No Man City players, lots of Barcelona le...
- Germany beat Ivory Coast 10-0 (!) at the Women’s World Cup [Official Highlights]
- Chelsea’s stars sing ‘Who let the Drog out’ during Drogba’s int...
- Yaya Toure: Winning AFCON is unbelievable, something special [video]
- Ivory Coast star Gervinho gets hilarious photoshop treatment after AFCON win [Video]
- Photoshoppers go into overdrive mocking Gervinho’s pose during the Ivory Coast v ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...