Yaya Toure talks to City TV about winning the BBC African Footballer of the Year 2013
- December 3, 2013
“I think I’ve been nominated for five years in a row and finally winning the award is amazing. It’s a fantastic achievement because I don’t think there has ever been as many quality African players in top-level international football as there are now: Aubameyang, Pitroipa, Mikel, Moses, Salomon Kalou, Gervinho… we have fantastic players. I also think African football is improving and that means a lot to us. And as an African, I’m very happy.” – Yaya Toure.
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has been awarded the BBC African Footballer of the Year 2013 following an excellent season for the Premier League title chasers.
Perhaps the biggest surprise is that Toure, despite being nominated five times previously, in years when he has bagged silverware, has now won this award before.
As ever, City TV make mention of Yaya’s brother Kolo and that famous song, so beloved of students, in the clip above.
- Germany beat Ivory Coast 10-0 (!) at the Women’s World Cup [Official Highlights]
- Chelsea’s stars sing ‘Who let the Drog out’ during Drogba’s int...
- Yaya Toure: Winning AFCON is unbelievable, something special [video]
- Ivory Coast star Gervinho gets hilarious photoshop treatment after AFCON win [Video]
- Photoshoppers go into overdrive mocking Gervinho’s pose during the Ivory Coast v ...
- Ex-Bayern star Sammy Kuffour had his head shaved on TV after betting on Ghana to beat I...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi