Yaya Toure confirms he’s staying at Manchester City to SSN, laughs about birthday cake farce [Video]
A farce bordering on satire took place at the end of last season, when Yaya Toure’s agent complained that Man City had forgotten his player’s birthday.
It was all a fabrication, of course, a classic agent move to try and engineer a fresh contract for his player.
Yaya says he never actually wanted to leave, and laughed about the whole birthday farce to Sky Sports News earlier today.
In a pretty unprecedented move, or a rare one at least, SSN got hold of a Premier League player for a telephone interview, in which Yaya dismissed all speculation linking him with a move away from the Etihad, confirming that he’s staying at Manchester City.
Listen to Yaya’s SSN phone interview below.
Watch Live Stream
- ‘One of the best in the world’: Pep Guardiola has glowing praise for Spurs boss Pochettino (Video)September 30, 2016
- The Manchester giants are going to ‘go to war’ to sign Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos [MD]September 30, 2016
- Man United & Man City are at ‘war’ over a German World Cup winner [El Chiringuito]September 29, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Listen to the complete, crazy rant from Yaya Toure’s agent towards Pep Guardiola (BBC Audio)September 25, 2016
- Dimitri Seluk at it again, says Pep Guardiola treats players like dogs [Tweet]September 23, 2016
- Yaya Toure is allowed to leave Man City for one of their title rivals in January [Guardian]September 21, 2016
- ‘Money-hungry’ Pep Guardiola told Yaya Toure he was leaving Barcelona for a ‘sh*t team’ in 2010September 21, 2016