Yaya Toure confirms he’s staying at Manchester City to SSN, laughs about birthday cake farce [Video]
A farce bordering on satire took place at the end of last season, when Yaya Toure’s agent complained that Man City had forgotten his player’s birthday.
It was all a fabrication, of course, a classic agent move to try and engineer a fresh contract for his player.
Yaya says he never actually wanted to leave, and laughed about the whole birthday farce to Sky Sports News earlier today.
In a pretty unprecedented move, or a rare one at least, SSN got hold of a Premier League player for a telephone interview, in which Yaya dismissed all speculation linking him with a move away from the Etihad, confirming that he’s staying at Manchester City.
Listen to Yaya’s SSN phone interview below.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City v Chelsea is the game of the weekend and here’s the stats previewDecember 2, 2016
- Chelsea boss Conte says letting Kevin De Bruyne go was a massive mistakeDecember 2, 2016
- In-depth Fantasy Football previews: Man City v Chelsea & how to replace CoutinhoDecember 2, 2016
- Man City v Chelsea: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 1, 2016
- Man City’s Yaya Toure builds his ultimate footballer from team mates (Video)November 30, 2016
- BT Sport pundit Owen Hargreaves makes bizarre claim about Man City’s Yaya Toure (Video)November 26, 2016
- Better than Paul Pogba? Yaya Toure inspires love after a double for Man City v Palace [Tweets]November 19, 2016
- Pep Guardiola surprises Manchester City fans by starting Yaya ToureNovember 19, 2016