Yaya Toure confirms he’s staying at Manchester City to SSN, laughs about birthday cake farce [Video]
- July 18, 2014
A farce bordering on satire took place at the end of last season, when Yaya Toure’s agent complained that Man City had forgotten his player’s birthday.
It was all a fabrication, of course, a classic agent move to try and engineer a fresh contract for his player.
Yaya says he never actually wanted to leave, and laughed about the whole birthday farce to Sky Sports News earlier today.
In a pretty unprecedented move, or a rare one at least, SSN got hold of a Premier League player for a telephone interview, in which Yaya dismissed all speculation linking him with a move away from the Etihad, confirming that he’s staying at Manchester City.
Listen to Yaya’s SSN phone interview below.
- Respect: Manchester City fan gets United tattoo for charity
- Guardian 2015-16 Preview: Can Manchester City win their title back? (Video)
- Man City’s Raheem Sterling blocks Liverpool Echo journo James Pearce on Twitter
- Former Man City striker Mario Balotelli is told that his Liverpool career is over [Inde...
- Man United set to offer Jonny Evans plus cash in a bid to sign Chelsea target John Ston...
- Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko agrees personal terms with Roma [Sky Italia]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi