Yaya Toure confirms he’s staying at Manchester City to SSN, laughs about birthday cake farce [Video]
A farce bordering on satire took place at the end of last season, when Yaya Toure’s agent complained that Man City had forgotten his player’s birthday.
It was all a fabrication, of course, a classic agent move to try and engineer a fresh contract for his player.
Yaya says he never actually wanted to leave, and laughed about the whole birthday farce to Sky Sports News earlier today.
In a pretty unprecedented move, or a rare one at least, SSN got hold of a Premier League player for a telephone interview, in which Yaya dismissed all speculation linking him with a move away from the Etihad, confirming that he’s staying at Manchester City.
Listen to Yaya’s SSN phone interview below.
- Robinho speaks about his Manchester City spell in new feature-length interview (Video)
- Uefa 2015 Team of the Year nominees released, only includes one player from Arsenal & Chelsea
- After dumping Marouane Fellaini, Playboy model dumps Man City teenager [Nieuwsblad]
- Jamie Carragher & Gary Neville dissect Man City 1 – Liverpool 4 (Video)
- YouTube star KSI plays FIFA 16 with Man City’s Yaya Toure (Video)
- Yaya Toure says he only stayed at Man City because of father figure Manuel Pellegrini [Quotes]
- Man City star Yaya Toure gets picked on over social media after dull first half v Man United [Bes...
- Man City boss Manuel Pellegrini responds to Yaya Toure unhappiness claims (video)