Yaya Toure confirms he’s staying at Manchester City to SSN, laughs about birthday cake farce [Video]
- July 18, 2014
A farce bordering on satire took place at the end of last season, when Yaya Toure’s agent complained that Man City had forgotten his player’s birthday.
It was all a fabrication, of course, a classic agent move to try and engineer a fresh contract for his player.
Yaya says he never actually wanted to leave, and laughed about the whole birthday farce to Sky Sports News earlier today.
In a pretty unprecedented move, or a rare one at least, SSN got hold of a Premier League player for a telephone interview, in which Yaya dismissed all speculation linking him with a move away from the Etihad, confirming that he’s staying at Manchester City.
Listen to Yaya’s SSN phone interview below.
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- Rating the starting XIs of the Premier League top 6, ft. Chelsea & Arsenal (video)
- Gary Neville purrs over Manchester City’s strength in depth after De Bruyne signi...
- Kevin De Bruyne gives first interview since signing for Manchester City (Video)
- Manchester City officially sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg [Vine & Best Tweets]
- Man City’s Vincent Kompany tries to defend a goal against 100 kids at the same ti...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...