Yaya Toure confirms he’s staying at Manchester City to SSN, laughs about birthday cake farce [Video]
A farce bordering on satire took place at the end of last season, when Yaya Toure’s agent complained that Man City had forgotten his player’s birthday.
It was all a fabrication, of course, a classic agent move to try and engineer a fresh contract for his player.
Yaya says he never actually wanted to leave, and laughed about the whole birthday farce to Sky Sports News earlier today.
In a pretty unprecedented move, or a rare one at least, SSN got hold of a Premier League player for a telephone interview, in which Yaya dismissed all speculation linking him with a move away from the Etihad, confirming that he’s staying at Manchester City.
Listen to Yaya’s SSN phone interview below.
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho apologises to Man United’s Stretford End for 4-0 defeat to Chelsea (Video)October 26, 2016
- Crisis? Man City’s Pep Guardiola goes 6 games without a win for 1st time in his career [Tweets]October 26, 2016
- Bastian Schweinsteiger tweets picture of himself watching Man United v City from the standsOctober 26, 2016
- Man City loanee Joe Hart produces a howler to gift Mauro Icardi (Inter Milan) a goal (Video)October 26, 2016
- Ilkay Gundogan gets a birthday cake from Man City fan, Yaya Toure won’t be happy [Tweet]October 24, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Dimitri Seluk denies any problems between Yaya Toure & Pep Guardiola [Quotes]October 5, 2016
- Listen to the complete, crazy rant from Yaya Toure’s agent towards Pep Guardiola (BBC Audio)September 25, 2016