Yaya Toure confirms he’s staying at Manchester City to SSN, laughs about birthday cake farce [Video]
- July 18, 2014
A farce bordering on satire took place at the end of last season, when Yaya Toure’s agent complained that Man City had forgotten his player’s birthday.
It was all a fabrication, of course, a classic agent move to try and engineer a fresh contract for his player.
Yaya says he never actually wanted to leave, and laughed about the whole birthday farce to Sky Sports News earlier today.
In a pretty unprecedented move, or a rare one at least, SSN got hold of a Premier League player for a telephone interview, in which Yaya dismissed all speculation linking him with a move away from the Etihad, confirming that he’s staying at Manchester City.
Listen to Yaya’s SSN phone interview below.
- Man City may spend almost £100m on Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling & Kevin De Br...
- Man City are on the verge of signing Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph in £8m transfer
- Yaya Toure talks about his five best Manchester City goals [Video]
- Man City players join with lucky fans to unveil new Nike home kit for the 2015/16 seaso...
- Man City offer Bayer Leverkusen €35m for winger Karim Bellarabi [Hamburger Morgenpost]
- Man United’s Rafael da Silva snapped wearing a shirt with a Man City looking badg...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi