- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Yaya Sanogo bags assist on first Arsenal start for The Ox v Liverpool [Video & GIF]
- February 16, 2014
Before today, Yaya Sanogo had played just 9 minutes of football for Arsenal.
Arsene Wenger must have a lot of faith in Sanogo as the 21-year-old Frenchman is the only striker “The Professor” has bought in the past two transfer windows.
With Olivier Giroud rested after his recent exertions, Sanogo took his place up front and made an instant impact, despite Liverpool controlling the opening period.
Sanogo used his physical presence to win the ball in the Liverpool box and his shot-cum-cross turned into a pass for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to convert.
Niall Quinn famously scored on his Arsenal debut versus Liverpool, Sanogo looks to have made an impact which is good news for Arsenal and Wenger, who may have to utilise Nicklas Bendtner in the second half.
Yaya Sanogo. First start and he is putting himself about a bit already, great pressure from him
— Anywayrantöver (@ash_over) February 16, 2014
Arsenal's goal the reward for a very bright five-minute spell after Liverpool's early incursions. Assist of sorts for Yaya Sanogo.
— Tom Williams (@tomwfootball) February 16, 2014
Sanogo is good with his chest…
— Ouriel Daskal (@Soccerissue) February 16, 2014
I'm a Yaya Sanogo fan already. And it's not just for that chant, promise!
— Messi Minutes (@MessiMinutes) February 16, 2014