Yanick Djouzi Manzizila sets Swedish record, scores 21 goals in 1 game for Congo United! [Aftonbladet]
- August 11, 2014
Yanick Djouzi Manzizila is the proud owner of a new Swedish football record, which had been in place for 60 years.
The Congo United player scored a whopping 21 goals in his side’s 30-0 win over Balrog BOTKYRKA Södertälje IK, in Stockholm’s 7th division.
The previous holder scored 18 goals back in 1954, so it looks like Manzizila’s record is safe for the remainder of this century, at least.
Congo United are managed by none other than Championship Manager legend Tonton Zola Moukoko, who was a youth team player with Derby County back in 2000, so it’s perhaps no coincidence that Tonton has such an eye for talent.
It must be said that the 25 year old is probably playing at a few levels below his real level: he and his twin brother were youth pros with West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday, but after turning pro in France with Lille aged 20, they failed to make the grade and returned to Sweden to start over.
The full story can be found on Swedish site Aftonbladet.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...