- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Yanick Djouzi Manzizila sets Swedish record, scores 21 goals in 1 game for Congo United! [Aftonbladet]
Yanick Djouzi Manzizila is the proud owner of a new Swedish football record, which had been in place for 60 years.
The Congo United player scored a whopping 21 goals in his side’s 30-0 win over Balrog BOTKYRKA Södertälje IK, in Stockholm’s 7th division.
The previous holder scored 18 goals back in 1954, so it looks like Manzizila’s record is safe for the remainder of this century, at least.
Congo United are managed by none other than Championship Manager legend Tonton Zola Moukoko, who was a youth team player with Derby County back in 2000, so it’s perhaps no coincidence that Tonton has such an eye for talent.
It must be said that the 25 year old is probably playing at a few levels below his real level: he and his twin brother were youth pros with West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday, but after turning pro in France with Lille aged 20, they failed to make the grade and returned to Sweden to start over.
The full story can be found on Swedish site Aftonbladet.
- Updated: August 11, 2014