Xherdan Shaqiri set to miss Arsenal first leg after picking up injury during Bayern win over Freiburg
- February 15, 2014
— FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) February 15, 2014
There hasn’t been a great deal of good news for Arsenal of late, with injuries to key men (Aaron Ramsey and Theo Walcott) combined with some poor results (at Liverpool and arguably at home to Manchester United in midweek).
Meanwhile, the Bayern Munich juggernaut rolls on with Pep Guardiola’s side looking like the best team in Europe by quite some distance.
Bayern beat Freiburg today, 4-0 at home and now have a 16 point (!) lead at the top of the Bundesliga (at the time of posting second placed Bayer Leberkusen are 1-0 down at half-time to Schalke).
The European champions were able to rest some players today, including Bastian Schweinsteiger, Mario Gotze, Thiago Alcantara and Jerome Boateng – who all started the Bundesliga match on the bench.
They were though rocked by the news that Swiss midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri will miss the first leg clash on Wednesday.
Shaqiri had scored twice for Bayern in the first half but then pulled up with an injury on the hour.
Besides Shaqiri, Bayern will also be without Franck Ribery for the clash with Arsenal this week.
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker picks lots of friends in Ultimate XI, including the lat...
- Arsenal loanee Yaya Sanogo produced a hilariously Yaya Sanogo finish in Ajax friendly (...
- ArsenalFanTV list 10 strikers Arsenal could’ve signed this summer (Video)
- Arsenal fans rage at Arsene Wenger after club confirm Danny Welbeck long term injury [T...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...