- Newcastle’s Jack Colback & Paul Dummett speak post-Everton win as Pardew dodges press [Video]
- Chicharito scores at Real Madrid training, after slick stepover skills from Isco [Video]
- Gooner Bully expects Arsenal to finish in the Top 3 after West Ham win [Video]
- Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla: ‘If Alexis Sanchez wants to take the next penalty, no problem!
- Arsenal fans Claude & Ty bicker over West Ham win [Video]
Xherdan Shaqiri set to miss Arsenal first leg after picking up injury during Bayern win over Freiburg
— FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) February 15, 2014
There hasn’t been a great deal of good news for Arsenal of late, with injuries to key men (Aaron Ramsey and Theo Walcott) combined with some poor results (at Liverpool and arguably at home to Manchester United in midweek).
Meanwhile, the Bayern Munich juggernaut rolls on with Pep Guardiola’s side looking like the best team in Europe by quite some distance.
Bayern beat Freiburg today, 4-0 at home and now have a 16 point (!) lead at the top of the Bundesliga (at the time of posting second placed Bayer Leberkusen are 1-0 down at half-time to Schalke).
The European champions were able to rest some players today, including Bastian Schweinsteiger, Mario Gotze, Thiago Alcantara and Jerome Boateng – who all started the Bundesliga match on the bench.
They were though rocked by the news that Swiss midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri will miss the first leg clash on Wednesday.
Shaqiri had scored twice for Bayern in the first half but then pulled up with an injury on the hour.
Besides Shaqiri, Bayern will also be without Franck Ribery for the clash with Arsenal this week.
- Updated: February 15, 2014