- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Xherdan Shaqiri may leave Bayern for Liverpool, Manchester United or Inter Milan, says his brother [Blick]
Swiss newspaper Blick have exclusive quotes on Wednesday from the brother of Xherdan Shaqiri claiming the Bayern Munich star could move to Liverpool, Manchester United or Inter Milan this summer should the right offers be tabled.
Shaqiri’s brother Erdin, who also acts as the footballer’s adviser, told Blick:
Xherdan is 22. At this age, he needs to be playing regularly, which is not currently the case (at Bayern Munich).
We are waiting now until summer. Then, when clubs make approaches such as Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan and other top clubs, we can listen to their offers.
That said, Bayern stills remain our first point of contact before we talk to other clubs.
While Erdin Shaqiri name-dropped Liverpool and Manchester United into his quotes, belief is that the Premier League clubs were named as possible examples of future destinations rather than any suggestions that bids for the Swiss star have already been made from Anfield or Old Trafford.
Shaqiri is under contract at Bayern until 2016, and the player would not come cheap if he was to be sold. Suggestions are Shaqiri would cost around 20 million euros.
In an injury-hit season, Shaqiri has played 18 games for club and country this campaign scoring seven goals and claiming four assists.
- Updated: March 19, 2014