- 14: Tottenham’s Harry Kane has scored as many goals as Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez this season
- Banned driver Marco Reus has women asking to be his chauffeur on Facebook
- Madness! Jesina coach kicks ball onto pitch to stop Amiternina striker from scoring in Serie D [Video]
- Sunderland’s John’ O Shea: ‘I won’t be shaking Jack Colback’s hand before derby v Newcastle’
- His Name Is A Shop! Lenell John Lewis stars in Grimsby’s brilliant Christmas message [Video]
Xherdan Shaqiri: ‘Juve is a good option, just like Liverpool or Monaco. It wouldn’t be a step backwards’
Xherdan Shaqiri has made eyes with Juventus, Liverpool and Monaco on Wednesday shipping fresh quotes to Tuttosport.
After failing to cement a first team place at Bayern Munich, Swiss star Shaqiri has been repeatedly linked with moves away from the Allainz Arena throughout the summer.
Juventus are widely tipped to be interested in signing the 22-year-old attacking midfielder, while Liverpool have also been linked to the left-footed star.
Now Italian daily Tuttosport have reportedly managed to get the thoughts on Shaqiri’s future from the player himself, making public the following statement:
I’m on holiday and I don’t yet know what will happen, my future is for my brother [also Shaqiri's agent] The only thing that is certain is I have a contract with Bayern Munich until 2016.
Juventus? I do not know if there is contact with the Bianconeri and I’ve not been informed of Liverpool and Monaco [contacts] either.
Juve could definitely be a good option and the same goes for Liverpool and Monaco.
Juventus are a great club, who wouldn’t like to play for them? I am at Bayern, but I would not see Juventus as a backwards step for my career.
With Arjen Robben’s injury fears now no longer expected to be a big deal, Shaqiri may once again be looking at a season mainly on the subs bench at Bayern if he is to stay in Germany. With that being the case, it’s becoming more likely that one of the teams circling the star will land him, provided they stump up enough cash.
- Updated: July 23, 2014