- ‘United In Grief’: Best ever Half-and-Half shirt spotted at Newcastle 0 – Sunderland 1. Respect Sir!
- Liverpool fan Chris deliberately winds up Gooners by calling Alexis Sanchez a waste of money [Video]
- Super-positive Gooner Ty taking lots of positives from Liverpool 2 – Arsenal 2 [Video]
- ‘It’s ruined my Bloody Christmas!’ Claude has a mini meltdown after Liverpool 2 – Arsenal 2 [Video]
- Huge Police presence needed to keep Newcastle and Sunderland fans apart before derby [Video]
Xavi set to play his 700th game for Barcelona [Infographic]
Despite their 4-0 lead from the first leg, Xavi looks set to make his 700th appearance for Barcelona this evening, when they play Getafe in the Copa del Rey at the Coliseum.
If not tonight, then Xavi’s 700th game will come against Levante on Sunday and there have been a fair few column inches given to the midfield metronome today for reaching an impressive haul of Barcelona games.
Since coming through the ranks during the 1998/1999 season, Xavi has played 16 seasons bagged 22 titles in the process.
In lengthy discussions with El Mundo Deportivo today, Xavi has described the 5-0 and 2-6 wins over Real Madrid as the best Barcelona matches of his career so far.
On those games, Xavi said: “We did not want to leave. In the dressing rooms we danced and danced…”
Xavi also described the Best non-Catalan players he has played with: “Rivaldo, a hard worker, good team mate and professional. Ronaldinho was impressive. Even he didn’t know what he was doing. And Eto’o, spectacular.”
The Spanish playmaker was also asked the best compliment of his career: “Rooney, in the final at Wembley, told me we were already champions, 3-1 up with 10 minutes to go.”
- Updated: January 16, 2014