Xavi set to leave Barcelona at the end of the season; negotiating with New York Red Bulls [Sky Sports Italia]
- January 12, 2014
On Saturday night, Xavi played his 699th game for Barcelona against Atletico Madrid.
The legendary Spanish midfielder has been an unbelievable one-club servant but appears to be finally plotting his exit from Barcelona.
Xavi is, according to Sky Sports Italia, negotiating with the New York Red Bulls about leaving Barcelona at the end of the season.
There is speculation that Thierry Henry has been instrumental in convincing Xavi to leave the Nou Camp for the MLS where he would also link up with Australian attacker Tim Cahill.
Despite the fact Xavi still has two years left on his Barcelona contract, the La Liga leaders are unlikely to stand in the 33-year-old’s way if he informs them he wants to leave.
Initially, it is understood that whilst the deal to take Xavi to America is not done, it is off to a good start and both sides are hopeful.
- Gerard Pique explains how he learned how to become a prankster at Manchester United
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...