Xavi set to leave Barcelona at the end of the season; negotiating with New York Red Bulls [Sky Sports Italia]
- January 12, 2014
On Saturday night, Xavi played his 699th game for Barcelona against Atletico Madrid.
The legendary Spanish midfielder has been an unbelievable one-club servant but appears to be finally plotting his exit from Barcelona.
Xavi is, according to Sky Sports Italia, negotiating with the New York Red Bulls about leaving Barcelona at the end of the season.
There is speculation that Thierry Henry has been instrumental in convincing Xavi to leave the Nou Camp for the MLS where he would also link up with Australian attacker Tim Cahill.
Despite the fact Xavi still has two years left on his Barcelona contract, the La Liga leaders are unlikely to stand in the 33-year-old’s way if he informs them he wants to leave.
Initially, it is understood that whilst the deal to take Xavi to America is not done, it is off to a good start and both sides are hopeful.
- Barca’s Dani Alves: Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil team for World Cup 2014 ...
- Barcelona starlet Sergi Samper posts quality indoor training drill video on Facebook
- Sky Sports compile new Barcelona signing Arda Turan’s best Atletico goals [Video]
- Barcelona publish Arda Turan compilation video to celebrate €35m signing [Video]
- Sloppy Neymar had a good time at a house party in Brazil [Video]
- It’s official: Barcelona sign Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi