WTF! Until last night PSG’s only favourited tweet was a shirtless selfie of Arsenal’s Mesut Özil [Picture]
- December 23, 2013
A weird observation went viral overnight involving French moneybags PSG, Arsenal’s star Mesut Özil and Twitter.
An eagle-eyed twitter user noticed that PSG’s official account on the microblogging site had only ever favourited one tweet. That tweet was a selfie of Arsenal midfielder Mesut Özil starring at himself in a mirror with his shirt off.
Noticeably, the PSG favourited tweet was uncovered after Parisian boss Laurent Blanc admitted that his club pursued Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Özil before the German opted for a move to Arsenal.
Arsene Wenger smashed the Gunners transfer record outlaying €47 million to sign Özil from Real Madrid in the summer, but it’s since come to light that Arsenal beat out PSG for the German’s signature.
In an interview with RMC discussing rumours that PSG were chasing both Özil and Chelsea’s Juan Mata in the summer, Laurent Blanc commented:
Both players would have been good. To my knowledge, the only negotiations that took place were over Özil.
Interestingly, as soon as people started to discuss the sole PSG favourited tweet, the Parisians deleted the image off their Twitter feed.
The picture in question can be seen below.
Wolfsburg’s Naldo & Vieirinha soak their boss with beer during his press conference
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]