- The top 10 funniest moments of the Bundesliga so far! [Video]
- Tottenham are in advanced talks with PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea consider a singing section in the Shed End to improve the home atmosphere [Daily Mail]
- Lionel Messi has a new football tattoo on his left leg [Pictures]
- Inter Milan reach agreement with Lukas Podolski, still yet to speak to Arsenal [Di Marzio]
WTF! Until last night PSG’s only favourited tweet was a shirtless selfie of Arsenal’s Mesut Özil [Picture]
A weird observation went viral overnight involving French moneybags PSG, Arsenal’s star Mesut Özil and Twitter.
An eagle-eyed twitter user noticed that PSG’s official account on the microblogging site had only ever favourited one tweet. That tweet was a selfie of Arsenal midfielder Mesut Özil starring at himself in a mirror with his shirt off.
Noticeably, the PSG favourited tweet was uncovered after Parisian boss Laurent Blanc admitted that his club pursued Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Özil before the German opted for a move to Arsenal.
Arsene Wenger smashed the Gunners transfer record outlaying €47 million to sign Özil from Real Madrid in the summer, but it’s since come to light that Arsenal beat out PSG for the German’s signature.
In an interview with RMC discussing rumours that PSG were chasing both Özil and Chelsea’s Juan Mata in the summer, Laurent Blanc commented:
Both players would have been good. To my knowledge, the only negotiations that took place were over Özil.
Interestingly, as soon as people started to discuss the sole PSG favourited tweet, the Parisians deleted the image off their Twitter feed.
The picture in question can be seen below.
- Updated: December 23, 2013