WTF! Tom Huddlestone was caught singing Blue Moon on the Spurs bench during Man City win
- April 22, 2013
Tom Huddlestone is receiving widespread praise this Monday after his 30-minute shift for Spurs against Manchester City.
Along with the introductions of Lewis Holtby and Jermain Defoe at White Hart Lane on Sunday, Huddlestone, a player who rarely gets a share of the limelight, is being lauded for a superb performance in the centre of the Tottenham midfield as the Lilywhites staged a fantastic comeback win against Roberto Mancini’s charges.
Huddlestone replaced Scott Parker on the hour mark with the directive to anchor the Spurs midfield, and the substitute shined in one of his best performances for the North Londoners.
His creativity and passing made a huge difference for Spurs, and Huddlestone’s best moment came when he set up Bale’s goal eight minutes from time.
But not everything Huddlestone did against City was well received.
Eagle-eyed viewers caught a bizarre moment on their TV screens as Huddlestone was spotted singing along to City’s famous ‘Blue Moon’ song towards the end of the first half.
Although Huddlestone wasn’t belting the City number out at the top of his lungs, the Englishman was clearly spotted mouthing along to the oppositions’ chant behind Andre Villas Boas and Steffen Freund in the Tottenham dugout.
Watch Tom Huddlestone singing Blue Moon below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi