WTF! Robin van Persie taken off at QPR due to collision with a photographer
- February 23, 2013
Manchester United may have gone 15 points clear at QPR on Saturday but it wasn’t all plain sailing for the Premier League leaders.
Sir Alex Ferguson was forced to take off Robin van Persie as a precaution on 41 after colliding with a photographer midway through the first half of Manchester United’s eventual 2-0 victory at Loftus Road.
Robin van Persie took down the ball in the right hand channel of the QPR box and somehow wriggled free to get in a cross.
The Dutch forward though stumbled and fell into a photographer which is where he picked up the hip injury.
According to reports, RVP took up his spot on the Manchester United bench for the second half and Sir Alex Ferguson said he was only taken off as a precaution.
For a while though, there were fears that van Persie could be a doubt for the upcoming mouth watering Champions League second leg with Real Madrid.
How often does a photographer injure a footballer?!
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...