- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
WTF! Robin van Persie taken off at QPR due to collision with a photographer
Manchester United may have gone 15 points clear at QPR on Saturday but it wasn’t all plain sailing for the Premier League leaders.
Sir Alex Ferguson was forced to take off Robin van Persie as a precaution on 41 after colliding with a photographer midway through the first half of Manchester United’s eventual 2-0 victory at Loftus Road.
Robin van Persie took down the ball in the right hand channel of the QPR box and somehow wriggled free to get in a cross.
The Dutch forward though stumbled and fell into a photographer which is where he picked up the hip injury.
According to reports, RVP took up his spot on the Manchester United bench for the second half and Sir Alex Ferguson said he was only taken off as a precaution.
For a while though, there were fears that van Persie could be a doubt for the upcoming mouth watering Champions League second leg with Real Madrid.
How often does a photographer injure a footballer?!
- Updated: February 23, 2013