WTF! Olimpia fans throw rocks at Ronaldinho during Copa Libertadores final 1st leg
- July 18, 2013
It was a disappointing night for Ronaldinho and his Atletico Mineiro team mates on Wednesday as they lost 2-0 to Olimpia in the first leg of the Copa Libertadores final.
Ronaldinho was hauled off by Atletico Mineiro coach Cuca midway through the second half with the Barcelona legend struggling to impose himself on the game.
A late second goal for Olimpia and red card handed out to Richarlyson put Olimpia in the driving seat in the tie but the Brazilians will be hopeful of turning it round in the second leg next week.
In the semi-final, Atletico emerged past Newell’s Old Boys on penalties in the second leg after also losing the first game 2-0.
Ronaldinho may have been put off by the Olimpia fans, who incredibly, threw small rocks at him when taking a corner.
The video below is pretty incredible and in many ways sums up just how mental the Copa Libertadores, and indeed football in South America, can be.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]