WTF! Olimpia fans throw rocks at Ronaldinho during Copa Libertadores final 1st leg
- July 18, 2013
It was a disappointing night for Ronaldinho and his Atletico Mineiro team mates on Wednesday as they lost 2-0 to Olimpia in the first leg of the Copa Libertadores final.
Ronaldinho was hauled off by Atletico Mineiro coach Cuca midway through the second half with the Barcelona legend struggling to impose himself on the game.
A late second goal for Olimpia and red card handed out to Richarlyson put Olimpia in the driving seat in the tie but the Brazilians will be hopeful of turning it round in the second leg next week.
In the semi-final, Atletico emerged past Newell’s Old Boys on penalties in the second leg after also losing the first game 2-0.
Ronaldinho may have been put off by the Olimpia fans, who incredibly, threw small rocks at him when taking a corner.
The video below is pretty incredible and in many ways sums up just how mental the Copa Libertadores, and indeed football in South America, can be.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...