WTF! Geoffrey Serey Die (Sion) slaps a ball boy across the face after losing at Lausanne
- May 3, 2012
This. Is. Unbelievable.
It’s been a enthralling week for ball boys all over planet earth.
It began with a kid’s amazing ball skills during Rayo’s 7-0 hammering against Barcelona last weekend, and then Botafogo ball girl Fernanda Maia became a worldwide trend after she set up goal versus Vasco da Gama.
But now it’s all gone pear-shaped.
Swiss football has been shocked by scenes following Lausanne’s 1-nil victory over Sion on Tuesday night.
Immediately after the full time whistle, Sion’s defensive midfielder Geoffrey Serey Die (who recently lost a public shoot-out bet with his 55-year-old Sion owner Christian Constantin) did something mental.
The 27-year-old Ivorian midfielder marched over to a ball boy, had some words, before he slapped the whippersnapper straight across his chops. It was straight-up child abuse.
Lausanne forward Steven Lang later told the press what he saw of the incident. “Serey has gone to the ball boy and he said something that I can not repeat. Then he gave him a blow. It is just unbelievable. I hope the association sees this incident and something happens.”
According to the rumour mill, Die’s shocking behaviour was sparked by the ball boy’s slow job during the game. It goes without saying, however, that even if that was true it offers no defence for his appalling behaviour.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi