WTF! Ex-Arsenal, Real, Chelsea & WBA striker Nicolas Anelka signs for Ronaldinho’s Atletico Mineiro
Having played for some of the biggest clubs in Europe throughout his career including the Gunners, the Blues and Los Blancos, disgraced quenelle-celebrating striker Nicolas Anelka has reportedly now signed for Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro.
Anelka, 35, was sacked by West Bromwich Albion last month after being found guilty of gross misconduct after the veteran French forward announced he was quitting the Baggies on Twitter.
That outburst came after Anelka had been slapped with a five match ban and an £80,000 fine for the forward’s quenelle goal celebration against West Ham back in December.
Now it seems certain that Nicolas Anelka has joined Ronaldinho’s Atletico Mineiro after the club president Alexandre Kalil took to Twitter to confirm the deal.
Kalil wrote “Anelka is a rooster” on Twitter to indicate the former Arsenal, Real Madrid and Chelsea striker would be joining the reigning Copa Libertadores champions.
Should the Anelka deal transpire, the English FA will look to FIFA to enforce the outstanding quenelle ban in Brazil.
Read Alexandre Kalil’s tweet below.
Anelka é do Galo.
— Alexandre Kalil (@alexandrekalil) April 6, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Atletico Mineiro’s Robinho hit by a lighter at Racing Club, does a Dida (Video)April 28th, 2016
- Robinho scores perfect hat-trick for Atletico Mineiro (Video)March 7th, 2016
- Now at Atletico Mineiro, it’s nice to see that Robinho is still useless (Video)March 1st, 2016
- Atletico Mineiro have released their new shirts using Brazilian models in their underwearFebruary 16th, 2016
- Nicolas Anelka calls ex-Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier a ‘racist & a liar’ on...October 17th, 2015
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India [Tweets]July 3rd, 2015
- Manchester United win #TBT with Vine of Van der Sar’s save on Anelka in MoscowMay 21st, 2015
- Nicolas Anelka advises Paul Pogba to go to Chelsea or Real MadridFebruary 18th, 2015