- Rodgers Out? Liverpool boss compared to David Moyes at Man United last season [Stats & Graphic]
- LOLZ! Brad Jones fell asleep on the Liverpool bench during 3-1 loss at Crystal Palace [Vine]
- Liverpool fans blast Gerrard, Lovren & Rodgers after 3-1 loss to Crystal Palace [Best Tweets]
- Hull City v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
- Barcelona defender Thomas Vermaelen injured AGAIN with fresh hamstring problem [Mundo Deportivo]
WTF! Ex-Arsenal, Real, Chelsea & WBA striker Nicolas Anelka signs for Ronaldinho’s Atletico Mineiro
Having played for some of the biggest clubs in Europe throughout his career including the Gunners, the Blues and Los Blancos, disgraced quenelle-celebrating striker Nicolas Anelka has reportedly now signed for Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro.
Anelka, 35, was sacked by West Bromwich Albion last month after being found guilty of gross misconduct after the veteran French forward announced he was quitting the Baggies on Twitter.
That outburst came after Anelka had been slapped with a five match ban and an £80,000 fine for the forward’s quenelle goal celebration against West Ham back in December.
Now it seems certain that Nicolas Anelka has joined Ronaldinho’s Atletico Mineiro after the club president Alexandre Kalil took to Twitter to confirm the deal.
Kalil wrote “Anelka is a rooster” on Twitter to indicate the former Arsenal, Real Madrid and Chelsea striker would be joining the reigning Copa Libertadores champions.
Should the Anelka deal transpire, the English FA will look to FIFA to enforce the outstanding quenelle ban in Brazil.
Read Alexandre Kalil’s tweet below.
Anelka é do Galo.
— Alexandre Kalil (@alexandrekalil) April 6, 2014
- Updated: April 6, 2014