- Andy Tate post Chelsea defeat: Man United will win the PL next season [video]
- Wayne Rooney: Chelsea know how to get referee on their side [video]
- Huge Odds! Back Man City to beat West Ham at 3/1 + money back if you lose!!!
- Jose Mourinho annoyed with John Terry after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil celebrate Arsenal 2 – Reading 1 on Instagram
WTF! Ex-Arsenal, Real, Chelsea & WBA striker Nicolas Anelka signs for Ronaldinho’s Atletico Mineiro
- April 6, 2014
Having played for some of the biggest clubs in Europe throughout his career including the Gunners, the Blues and Los Blancos, disgraced quenelle-celebrating striker Nicolas Anelka has reportedly now signed for Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro.
Anelka, 35, was sacked by West Bromwich Albion last month after being found guilty of gross misconduct after the veteran French forward announced he was quitting the Baggies on Twitter.
That outburst came after Anelka had been slapped with a five match ban and an £80,000 fine for the forward’s quenelle goal celebration against West Ham back in December.
Now it seems certain that Nicolas Anelka has joined Ronaldinho’s Atletico Mineiro after the club president Alexandre Kalil took to Twitter to confirm the deal.
Kalil wrote “Anelka is a rooster” on Twitter to indicate the former Arsenal, Real Madrid and Chelsea striker would be joining the reigning Copa Libertadores champions.
Should the Anelka deal transpire, the English FA will look to FIFA to enforce the outstanding quenelle ban in Brazil.
Read Alexandre Kalil’s tweet below.
Anelka é do Galo.
— Alexandre Kalil (@alexandrekalil) April 6, 2014