- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
Wow! Barcelona set to sign Gonzalo Higuain for €40m, immediately denied by Napoli [Marca]
Marca have just released news on their website that will likely stun the football world.
Just a year after leaving for Napoli from Real Madrid, Gonzalo Higuain looks set to be heading back to La Liga in a major move to Barcelona.
The Madrid-based daily report that Higuain is about to join Barcelona for a fee of 40 million euros.
An agreement between Barcelona and Higuain has been reached, although Marca point out that no deal has been struck between the Catalan giants and Napoli.
Higuain is not in the starting XI for Argentina against Bosnia-Herzegovina, reportedly due to a slight injury.
Presumably, Lionel Messi would welcome Higuain at the Nou Camp. Barcelona were heavily linked with Sergio Aguero in recent weeks too.
Higuain would be the first major signing for new Barcelona coach Luis Enrique and would be a statement of intent after a poor season, by their standards in 2013/2014.
This all comes with the caveat that Napoli chairman Aurelio de Laurentiis is a tough negotiator and will likely demand a lot more than 40 million euros for a top striker.
Almost immediately after this rumours surfaced, it was denied by Napoli – see Tweet below.
— Official SSC Napoli (@sscnapoli) June 15, 2014
- Updated: June 15, 2014